websites like freenyc/going.com? and other nyc ish

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Hey anybody know of any event websites like www.freenyc.netnewyork.going.comhttp://www.yelp.com/nycI just moved out to Staten Island this week and am trying to find some cool shit to do out in NYC or Brooklyn for the future. Staten is kind of beat for nightlife (im assuming) so NYC looks like where its at. I like DJ nights, chill hip hop shows, eletronic music, jazz shows, whatever. oh and what are some cool venues? Ive been digging the line ups at APT and Knitting Factory. Any goto spots in BK? Thanks

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Hey, I am happy to tell you about tons of shit that goes on in NYC, most of which I don't have time to go to... just please don't use sites like Yelp, or basically anything with "User Generated Content" to find out what's going on. It's a bunch of people who have just moved here and don't really know what's up anyway. No offense! It would be like checking Soulstrut to learn about Real World Moves

Def sign up for the toolsofwar list and if you must, Fusicology.

Almost everything else is just marketing bullshit and really looks much better on Outlook Express than in real life.

For sure check out a Bumpshop in the city (see Maocontent posts in Announcements). And remember, Brooklyn rocks the best.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    Hey, I am happy to tell you about tons of shit that goes on in NYC, most of which I don't have time to go to... just please don't use sites like Yelp, or basically anything with "User Generated Content" to find out what's going on. It's a bunch of people who have just moved here and don't really know what's up anyway. No offense! It would be like checking Soulstrut to learn about Real World Moves

Def sign up for the toolsofwar list and if you must, Fusicology.

Almost everything else is just marketing bullshit and really looks much better on Outlook Express than in real life.

For sure check out a Bumpshop in the city (see Maocontent posts in Announcements). And remember, Brooklyn rocks the best.
    good looking. I dig the freenyc site which has some good DJ night listings but havent really messed with anything else. But yeah I will have to check out Bumpshop. Also The Low End Theory nights at the knitting factory looks cool. I might goto the next one.

Im just pissed I missed the Bent Festival this weekend. That shit looked real cool. There was circuit bending seminars and tutorials with live performances.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    my friend trudy got a website. there's some stuff on there

http://ephemeroi.com/windchill/

i sometimes send out emails for free events n interesting thangs, but i've been pretty lazy lately.