All remix albums that you dig...

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I know there's shitload of them out there and they might have one or two good tracks. Rep some that are solid pretty much all the way through. I like this one to start.

Comments

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Black Moon - 'Diggin in dah Vaults'

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

one of the few i like, and if any one says grey album, i will have to challenge you to a monkey knife fight

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I like the Koushik and Four Tet "Madvillian" remix albums.

Four Tet "Remixes" double disc thing (one with his remixes of others and the other where people remixed him) is good too.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    On the nu-jazz tip, I find this end-to-end enjoyable:

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    this one is official body movin

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

Some of laswell's best work for sure!

Also:

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    yeah laswell sucks, everyone hates em, but the album is good...

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts

i never heard that . but i really like this one alot
    it is done really well. and has some of my favoire miles songs. with parts of the sessions that werent on the actual albums . which are really dope

big fan of this. i do not however, dig the remixes vaery much at all. but i think bill only has one or two mixes on that, tho i kind o like the dj krush one but .. i can take it or leave it.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    that is really cool. i may have to get a copy of dat boyee!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    that is really cool. i may have to get a copy of dat boyee!
    yeah man. i was pleasantly surprised by it. The producers on it did some nice work. It has a lot of variety from hip hop to like house/trance remixes that were solid. I just saw on that myspace that there is a nina simone one also which Ive got to peep.

• I know there's shitload of them out there and they might have one or two good tracks. Rep some that are solid pretty much all the way through. I like this one to start.

What is that !?!?!? Is it someone remixing DPG or remixes that DPG has done?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i never heard that . but i really like this one alot
    it is done really well. and has some of my favoire miles songs. with parts of the sessions that werent on the actual albums . which are really dope

big fan of this. i do not however, dig the remixes vaery much at all. but i think bill only has one or two mixes on that, tho i kind o like the dj krush one but .. i can take it or leave it.

Reggae and jazz VALIDATED!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    this is solid throughout

Not sure that it's much of an achievement though; it must be pretty hard to fuck up this guys back catalogue

• ^^^^^^^
    STEVIE WONDER VALIDATED!!!!

I'm a little suspicious of a close friend who I'm pretty sure got into Stevie Wonder by discovering this teurd.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I know there's shitload of them out there and they might have one or two good tracks. Rep some that are solid pretty much all the way through. I like this one to start.

What is that !?!?!? Is it someone remixing DPG or remixes that DPG has done?

amazon said this:
    The updated mixtape release of the DPGC Remix LP, now including Volume 2. Two full-length mixtapes of the best remixes ever made of all Dogg Pound-related artist's hits, with appearances from Snoop, Dre, Daz, Kurupt, Bad Azz, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Soopafly, Tray Deee, Roscoe, LBC Crew, and tons more! This is a very popular set amongst club DJs, offering different versions of well-known songs that are either very rare or never-before-heard. Any and all DPG fans need this complete remix collection, but these mixtapes were manufactured in very limited quantities, so grab 'em up. Look for Volume 3 in late 2005!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I dig this project.

• I dig this project.

Aside from Rocket Love Part TWO

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts

First remix album evarr? (1981 related)

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    I ride for Greg Wilson's Credit to the Edit:

• I dig this project.

Aside from Rocket Love Part TWO

Yea this is definitely the weakest YNQ project. I remember ordering one off Ebay when it first came out because of the limited pressing. i kinda liked the Superstition cover and maybe a couple other tracks, but thats it.

As far as current hip hop 'remix' albums go, it seems difficult to make an end-to-end banger. Producers feel obligated to remix every single song from Jay-Z's albums, when really only a few of their beats compliment the a cappellas.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    there's some good tracks on these...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Burning Spear - The Ghost of Marcus Garvey
    Linton Kwesi Johnson - LKJ in Dub
    The Cult - Manor Sessions
    Freestyle Fellowship - To Whom It May Concern 2.0