Herbie Hancock "Saturday night" Which version?

JroamJroam 257 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Which version of Herbie Hancocks' "Saturday night" do you favor? I've only heard snippets of the 12" but never the whole track. Is it worth picking up for the disco version based on the sound not the pricetag? For that matter, I'm not too informed or against disco just curious about the difference in sound.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    It would depend on how much you like the disco version, if it is indeed a new mix or remix. Some of those Columbia 12" singles are great not just for the possible 12" mix that's on there, but to be able to have one of the best songs from an album but have it in superior quality. No brainer for most DJ's.

• Which version of Herbie Hancocks' "Saturday night" do you favor? I've only heard snippets of the 12" but never the whole track. Is it worth picking up for the disco version based on the sound not the pricetag? For that matter, I'm not too informed or against disco just curious about the difference in sound.

The Beatconductor did a really great re-edit/remix of that one on GAMM recently. Still available.

HOOOOOOOO KUFI CLASSIC