Instant beat making from The ARE

RerogRerog 569 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
This is one of the nicest guys I've met and he's deeper with the records than just about anyone on this board..and it's always nice for someone besides HC to give Texas some shine:

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    nice but there's more:

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Ah yes, forgot to post part 2...Thank you sir.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wow...that just took me back about 10 years.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    The arruh is my dude. Didn't even know he was on the ASR though.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Met him in 99 and that was his weapon of choice for a while back then...so he's been on it for a long while. One of the few people I've heard rock it without having the "ASR sounding drums"...like they are just a bit late or something, no swing.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Its certainly impressive that he assembled it that fast - but that was definitely a late 90s style of beat that has not aged very well...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Its certainly impressive that he assembled it that fast - but that was definitely a late 90s style of beat that has not aged very well...

What you say just might be true, but I said the 10 years thing specifically because about 10 years ago I would sometimes hang out with dude in his apartment with him doing that exact same thing with the stack of records and his keyboard. I'd be visiting the fam in Houston from the Bay and the Are's couch made as good a place as any to get my smoke on.

Ask The Are sometime about the old school, late-80's Houston club scene...dude was a trooper in that shit.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Met him in 99 and that was his weapon of choice for a while back then...so he's been on it for a long while. One of the few people I've heard rock it without having the "ASR sounding drums"...like they are just a bit late or something, no swing.

I don't know Timberland, Neptunes and Nottz use the ASR. They're kinda hard on the drums.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Are and Dj Cipher are the homies. Both dudes been rocking ASR10's for as long as I known em. I think Ciph may have had an EPS for a minute back in the day though.

Factoids:
    The Are ghost produced the intro cut on American Gangster.
    He's now affiliated with the Trackmasters.
    Also doing some of the beats for the next lil kim lp.

www.rappersiknow.com

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Damn. Halfway through the first clip he had a beat that quietly shits on every beat I've ever made.

I'll always love dude for the K-Otix "World Renown" beat. That's my schitt!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    this is cool .. thanks for posting.

I love the sticker on the ASR : "GEORGE BUSH HATES YOU"