2008 NFL Draft

RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
anyone else looking forward to NFL Draft this weekend? With all the hype building on NFL Network since the end of the Super Bowl really I've been sucked in & am well psyched about it.Jake Long has already gone number 1 to Miami, any predictions for the other high picks? Who does your team go for in Round 1?I see Chris Long going 2 to the Rams, Glen Dorsey 3 to Atlanta, Vernon Gholston 4 to Raiders, Matt Ryan 5 to Chiefs. I think Darren McFadden ends up with the Jets at 6. Should be interesting to see if the Ravens try to move up to get Ryan. Also looks like the Saints are trying to move up for definite, not sure who they're eyeing up thoughbeing a Broncos fan I'd rather see them go OL in the first round but rumour has it if Rashard Mendenhall is still on the boards he's the pick...

Comments

• Also looks like the Saints are trying to move up for definite, not sure who they're eyeing up though

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Giants have me scratching my head with the 31rst pick. Do we grab an inside linebacker to replace Mitchell and Torbor, or a safety to replace Wilson? All depends on what we can get for Shockey (Seattle and New Orleans are interested) and if Strahan stays.

Cowboys said they want to trade for Pacman Jones, what do you think of that move Rock?

• Pacman trade is done.

Quick research and I don't think Dorsey is getting past St. Louis.

Saints probably want Ellis then.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

^^^

Jones trade has gone through apparently. 4th round pick this year & 6th next year

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Also looks like the Saints are trying to move up for definite, not sure who they're eyeing up though

If only...

I thought they were still in talks for terms. Cowboys have been making moves these last few weeks. NFC East is going to be a beast of a division this year.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Cowboys said they want to trade for Pacman Jones, what do you think of that move Rock?

I'm not that excited.....we gave up virtually nothing(4th & 6th round picks) and the dude obviously has(had) lots of talent.....but I think believing he will miraculously change and stay out of trouble is naive.

• Pacman trade is done.

Lotta talk around these parts that if the Pats can't trade pick #7, then Ellis could be the guy they take.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Please Ravens do not take BC QB dude. You're Frickin' up the money. Free Troy Smith.

• Pacman trade is done.

Lotta talk around these parts that if the Pats can't trade pick #7, then Ellis could be the guy they take.

Bah. Y'all need Keith Rivers more.

• Pacman trade is done.

Bah. Y'all need Keith Rivers more.

If they draft a LB not named gholsten at the #7 pick, I will send you a gift.

Seriously- Belichick has drafted a total of 2 LBs in his time here; one was a 5th Round pick; and the other was a 7th, if I recall. The man's philosophy is to build around the fat guys (OLine, DLine, aaaand, of course, the Quarterback...) and pick up veteran LBs.

I think Gholsten could be tempting. But, I don't see Rivers or any LB coming this way.

• Well, none of that helps me and my team any.

• Well, none of that helps me and my team any.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut....

A TRADE! A Trade would help both!!!!!

Let's write 'Draft Day Trade...The Musical!'

I think Gholsten could be tempting . But, I don't see Rivers or any LB coming this way.

Gholsten will be off the board by the time the Pats are up. Branden Albert is another possiblilty for NE

• I think Gholsten could be tempting . But, I don't see Rivers or any LB coming this way.

Gholsten will be off the board by the time the Pats are up. Branden Albert is another possiblilty for NE

I agree on both...I think Gholsten will be gone, and they will then Trade, or go D Line/O Line.

But, I don't see them taking an LB, whether VG slips (stranger things - him slipping, or them taking him) or not.

• A little self correction...

We just went through every draft of the Belichick era, and they have actually taken 7 LBs in that time.

ONE was taken in the 5th round.

The other SIX were either 6th/7th or supplemental picks.

Only names of note- Jeremy Mincey, who was cut and is now playing for Jax; and Tully Banta-Cain, who they kept until his rookie contract expired, and the 49ers overpaid for.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    1st round sleepers

Jerod Mayo
    Antoine Cason
    Desean Jackson

Darren Mcfadden = 1st round bust

Darren Mcfadden = 1st round bust

By any chance, did you say the same thing about Adrian Peterson last year?

Jerod Mayo

I like Mayo for the Giants, beef him up some and he could be a real good fit. If the Giants don't draft a safety, I would like them to take Mayo, if he's not taken.

No.....I was scratching my head trying to figure out how he fell past the #3 pick........He was by far the most talented player in the draft last year....

No.....I was scratching my head trying to figure out how he fell past the #3 pick........He was by far the most talented player in the draft last year....

I'm seeing McFadden as a very similar back as Peterson. If anything as time goes on, I expect people to be like...why the hell wasn't he taken with the top pick?

• What are you basing that wackiness on, ed? All those Pac10 games you watched?

GTFOHWTBS.

• No.....I was scratching my head trying to figure out how he fell past the #3 pick........He was by far the most talented player in the draft last year....

I'm seeing McFadden as a very similar back as Peterson. If anything as time goes on, I expect people to be like...why the hell wasn't he taken with the top pick?

So much of it is need and money that I don't think you can evaluate an NFL draft like you might an NBA draft. I mean, the Sam Bowie comparisons aren't necessarily going to come up for the Rams not taking McFadden when they already have, and have invested in, Stephen Jackson.

So much of it is need and money that I don't think you can evaluate an NFL draft like you might an NBA draft. I mean, the Sam Bowie comparisons aren't necessarily going to come up for the Rams not taking McFadden when they already have, and have invested in, Stephen Jackson.

there was actually talk a few weeks back that Rams were interested in McFadden...I think Jackson only has one year left on his contract but I'd expect an extension rather then draft McFadden....

he wasnt taken #1 because the Dolphins are set at RB with Ronnie Brown, Rams then have Jackson, Raiders have Fargas, Jordan, Bush & Rhodes and of course KC have LJ

What are you basing that wackiness on, ed?

Didn't say he was wack ......I wouldn't use a first round pick on him tho......imo he's overated (like most SEC backs) .....He doesn't gain yards after contact often ...He has Reggie Bush legs ......His speed and quickness are above average but not significant enough for him to be anything special in the NFL.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The big rumor in Dallas is that there will be a three team trade tomorrow with the Cowboys moving up far enough to get McFadden and Marion Barber leaving town.

I hope this does not happen.

The big rumor in Dallas is that there will be a three team trade tomorrow with the Cowboys moving up far enough to get McFadden and Marion Barber leaving town.

I hope this does not happen.

I know Lane Kiffin was talking about the Raiders moving back yesterday. I think Dallas will need to get in front of the Jets to get McFadden...

• 1st round sleepers

Jerod Mayo

Pats take an LB after all.

Fuckin Pats already

• I like the Ellis pick for NO. Trade was seemingly a good value as well.

Schefter was reporting NO offered a 1 a 2 and a 1 next year to get Dorsey and somehow KC turned that down? I find that hard to believe.