any Hip Hop - Jazz - Fusion recommends?

2»

Comments

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

a little off-topic, but the roots are dropping their 10th album next week. crazy. i lost them after "things fall apart"

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

YNQ is probably the exception for me.

try some RH Factor - Hard Groove

RH factor is a great LP!
    some other jazz based stuff that might be worth checking out, kero one, soulive(on blue note), medeski, martin & wood

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts

YNQ is probably the exception for me.

try some RH Factor - Hard Groove

RH factor is a great LP!

some other jazz based stuff that might be worth checking out, kero one, soulive(on blue note), medeski, martin & wood

I wasn't feeling the RH Factor, despite wanting it to be good. It had kind of a two-chord jam feel to it. Perhaps one for the recreational smokers.

• a little off-topic, but the roots are dropping their 10th album next week. crazy. i lost them after "things fall apart"

I have heard a couple of joints off of it and they are FIRE. I haven't been this amped over a hip hop release in a long, long time.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

a little off-topic, but the roots are dropping their 10th album next week. crazy. i lost them after "things fall apart"

I have heard a couple of joints off of it and they are FIRE. I haven't been this amped over a hip hop release in a long, long time.

Last Roots LP I got was Phrenology, and I keep meaning to give the one they released on Def Jam a listen... from the soundclips, I remember thinking the music was good, but found myself holding out for an instrumental version

Any interest in instrumental jazz-hip-hop beats > I can list those for days.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yo, JimSter

I re-copped the Jumpworld Cd this morning.

the Jazz drumming does have some hippity-hopish elements but after that its a str8 ahead Mo'Better Blues/Brooklyn/M.B.A.S.E. project.
    Only the title song has rappin' on it, and its weak.