Rep your newest TOY(s)!

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Doesn't have to be music related.Just picked up this little guy yesterday...Image Hosted by ImageShack.us...and this last weekImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Doesn't have to be music related.

Just picked up this little guy yesterday...
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

...and this last week

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I wish I hadn't thrown away my old G.I.Joes, those 80's ones were the jump off. Kids now just don't know!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Just bought myself a Fisher Space Pen on a whim. Not super psyched with it though, I think I like rollerball pens better than traditional ball-points.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

multimedia w/ Mplayer, vlc & and a killer app called canola
    remote desktop/vnc/vpn
    GPS via bluetooth for mapping, geocaching, geotagging of photos
    video/music streaming
    several flavors of voip (gizmo, skype, grandcental, etc)
    instant messaging
    email
    bit torrent client
    soulseek client
    gnutella/limewire client
    ssh
    built in terminal
    YouTube direct downloader (never have to go to the youtube site)
    live mobile tv
    and a gang of other shit.

I gets my nerd on.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I just got back from Japan and I almost broke down and bought a ton of toys. In the end, I didn't and in the next few days I'm buying my damn TV!!!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    its cheap, but i haven't ridden one regularly in 25 years so if i find i end up riding it alot, i'll get a better one in time...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Maybe a month or two ago, Guitar Center had a sale. And I bought me an Electro-Harmonix octave divider. Makes my harmonica sound like a very crude synthesizer! Not sure how I would use this in a band context, but I dig messing with it from time to time.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

It really looks like that says Ninja Dunny. Is that thing Mobb Deep approved?

hey Cashless, is that the one with the qwerty keyboard? maybe that's the 810 I'm thinking of.

If I had the loot, I would floss a ridiculous cell phone with all the trimmings for no real reason.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Its just the type of figure. They have a grip of different ones.

That's too nerdy even for me.

That's too nerdy even for me.

but dude it even comes with a little QFO!

hahahaha

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    After thinking about it for ages, I finally got one of these:

with one of these:

...also, I just signed up for DSL at home.

hey Cashless, is that the one with the qwerty keyboard? maybe that's the 810 I'm thinking of.

Yeah, you're thinking of the N810. I was looking to get the N810 orginally, but then I found out that there was a wimax version in the works so I opted for the cheaper N800. Once sprint gets their shit together and gets Wimax working around the US, I'll upgrade. The N800 i holding me down til then.

I do connect a foldable bluetooth KB to my N800 however.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Nice. that's a very good look. That Wimax sounds like it's gonna be off the hook. I want a new phone badly, but I'm afraid to get anything because so much shit's popping off. I want to see where the US 3G chips fall, etc. If I'm gonna drop a grip, I want to have the illest I can get, yahmeenz?

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    for my salad havin ass

Nice. that's a very good look. That Wimax sounds like it's gonna be off the hook. I want a new phone badly, but I'm afraid to get anything because so much shit's popping off. I want to see where the US 3G chips fall, etc. If I'm gonna drop a grip, I want to have the illest I can get, yahmeenz?

man, wait for LTE and Wimax. I think LTE will win overall, although it will be slower to the market than Wimax. 3g is so fall 2007. 4g and up homie. Not to mention waiting for what the openhandset alliance will have to offer. With 4g and the OHA, we're set to see the greatest jump in US telecom tech in the next couple months.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

My dude Jerry designed this one, It glows in the dark, I have it on my desk:

My newest toy is this:

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    123Klan designed Teddy Trooper signed by Scien...

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Caught all these on the cheap:

* Alright, the dog ramp was a little $$$ but worth every penny.

you got access to another one? that one is dope

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

how is it? The lack of dedicated dials looks kind of but the midi/memory is great compared to some of the older moogs I was looking at (prodigy/micromoog)

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    got this 2 weeks ago:

the black one tho.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    One of my favorite toys--not really new, but recently reinvigorated by the start of the NBA playoffs.

• duck bike

kamen rider

ultramans

I made this one:

If anyone here collects vinyl toys, I have a new custom for sale on my blog

www.robotcastle.blogspot.com

You get the custom, my new t-shirt from owl movement, and a pin set. strutter discount in effect as well.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

how is it? The lack of dedicated dials looks kind of but the midi/memory is great compared to some of the older moogs I was looking at (prodigy/micromoog)

The dedicated knobs doesn't bother me personally, I find this synth so easy to use, and the sound is amazing of course. It's a monophonic synth so it's primarily used for bass/lead sounds, which it does very well. I've always wanted a Moog, they're just so classy. You can get some really nasty sounds out of this puppy, can't just beat analog. It was this or the Prophet 8, which I just could not get a feel for unfortunately.

From now on it's strictly vintage gear I can grab for cheap, like these two babies...

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

oh man! i used to have one of these!!!! i wonder what the hell i did with it....

duck bike

dude you have a Godaiken toy? nice, I'm not up on all the old ones enough to know what it is, Laser something?

I have the Godmarz toy, it was part of my moms collection she gave me. Shits worth like $1200 now.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

this might be the worst synth I ever played with, good luck trying to program anything on this! (or you could just play phil collins ballads with the rhodes patch)

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

this might be the worst synth I ever played with, good luck trying to program anything on this! (or you could just play phil collins ballads with the rhodes patch)

From what I know it really is impossible to program. It's a love hate thing for sure, but I'm into 80's sounds so I'm going to look into it.

I found this to be interesting...

This whole "The Shape Of Things That Hum" series is worth checking if you're into old gear.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

you got access to another one? that one is dope

Nah, it came out five or six years ago, he gave me one of his at the time.