so I cloned my hard drive and.....

matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I bought a 160 gig hd and cloned my old 80 gig one. And when I put in my new hd it's showing that it only has 80 gigs available. Did I do something wrong here????

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I'm not a computer science guy but 160-80=80.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Hey! That's funny.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I bet dude is saying that the drive only registers as an 80gb drive as opposed to a 160gb drive, leaving him with very few GBs available. My guess would be that when you cloned it it just took the file directory and mimicked it and therefore confused itself and the file structure. It thinks it is the old drive.

Just delete everything, or if it's a mac use disk utility and erase it, and then just drag in the folders you need. If you need everything then you can probably just drag the HD1 onto there and it should work. Whatever you used to clone the drive confused it and fucked up the file directory. You'll probably need to reformat or erase, because that disk directory will stay even if you just delete some parts. You need to wipe that part out or it will continue to think it's a 80gb.

Or...you've got a Christian hard drive that's trying to teach you of the sloppy outcomes that result from mere mortals acting like Gods (cloning related).

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA