Eddie Kendricks: S/T

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I know this is no "People Hold On", but this is some pretty grown & sexy stuff. "Keep On Truckin'" is

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I just picked up my 3rd copy of this yesterday. Made me give it another listen and yes it is pretty nice..

Speaking on Eddie Kendricks has anyone heard that small label LP he did in '83? moder soul?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just picked up my 3rd copy of this yesterday. Made me give it another listen and yes it is pretty nice..

Speaking on Eddie Kendricks has anyone heard that small label LP he did in '83? moder soul?

It's got a couple of nice cuts--you should be able to get it for ~5. If we're talking about the same one, it was actually recorded in Atlanta.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    No doubt. A few weeks back I was at the record convention and this guy had 3 copies all in a row in the dollar bin. Then he said, if you wanna take the best cover and the best record and match em up thats fine. Long story short, I love this record and minty for a buck is fine by me. Word.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, dude, this one seems pretty common compared to some of his others. Had one & gave it 1980Jay, but picked one up today on the random & it sounds darn good!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

"Keep On Truckin'" ain't no "Girl You Need a Change of Mind" or "date with the rain"

Real Thwosted/Toasted talk

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

"Keep On Truckin'" ain't no "Girl You Need a Change of Mind" or "date with the rain"

Real Thwosted/Toasted talk

this is true. But, the S/T joint seems to be a solid dollar binner, and Keep on Truckin' is DOPE!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I am talking bout chicken and gravy mang

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality

I am talking bout Wavey gravy mang

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    I am bic pentameter

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

(Plaese forgive my crude Photoshop skills.)

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I am talking bout Wavey gravy mang

caramel cashew brazilnut ice cream with a chocolate hazelnut fudge swirl and roasted almonds.

gimme another, i know em all.

eddie kendricks s/t is nice by the way. i even think boogie down is worth having.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    yeah, dude, this one seems pretty common compared to some of his others.

To be truthful, I see most of his albums regularly. Kendricks was a big seller in his time, and the self-titled album DID have a #1 hit. About the only ones that seem to have fallen out of circulation are the small-label joint from the eighties, and (for some odd reason) PEOPLE...HOLD ON.

But people named "Vlad", in small farming villages of Belgium, are paying ??30+ for his records.