SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited July 2005 in Music Talk
Anyone know the deal?

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    1999 ended.

I still own and like this album tho.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    [The fantasy that] 1999 [was actually 1991] ended.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Not only that album, but they had some nice 12"s and guest spots on tracks too.

I've heard they went solo, changing their names, something like H2O? Never really had confirmation though.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

Anyone know the deal?

That LP was the first release on the Danish Boulevard Connection records. They sampled the Giant break on one of the tracks. Their 12" "Analyze/all out" is very dope! I also got a 12" from 2001 called "The Science/Atlantic yo On" but I haven't heard anything else from them since.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    they had a dude or two who were in Yall So Stupid who had a few cool songs off a decent album called 'van full of pakistans' or something like that.

the two 12's they released were dope, the ones w/ the brown sleeves.

-richard

• Options
    Their 12" "Analyze/all out" is very dope!

I like that All Out joint. They had a good track on one of the Deep Concentrations as well.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Anyone know the deal?

One of those cats has been working with the board's own Devil McDoom.
    And from what I've heard it's a good combination.
    I'll let him tell you more.

• Anyone know the deal?

Check for Nighttime Groove. Another serious banger.

• What was that Yall So Stupid video/single they had out at the time? I remember skating involved which at the time sealed the deal for me.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Crazy because I was just wondering that a few days ago! I was in Atlanta about 7 years ago and met these guys, they were super cool and brought me over to their crib. I remember Mr. len was there and we was all hanging out. I lost touch with them about a year after that.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Dang...

I orded a copy of the 12" All Out / Analyze from sandboxautomatic.com and they said they didn't have it in stock. If anyone has some extra copies please to send a PM!

Check for Nighttime Groove. Another serious banger.

I'll check for that. I recommend the "Yo, Atlanta Ya On" 12" to you all. That beat is quite buttery.

Just learning to use my new camera.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No offense, but that sleeve is maaaaaaaaaaaaad:

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I think that video of Y'all So Stupid was "Van Full Of Pakistans" itself. Skateboarding plus Graffiti. I've seen it too. Back when Yo! MTV Raps was shown on the German version of MTV. Those were the days! All those dope videos. I was 13 or 14 at that time. Great memories.

H2O was called H2O in Y'all So Stupid and Mass Influence. He didn't change his name. I've seen Mass Influence at a concert in Eastern Germany. Must have been 1999. Nice show. High'n'Mighty were the headliners. They sucked.

Da King & I was another great group on the Rowdy Records label. What happened to them?

I'll check for that. I recommend the "Yo, Atlanta Ya On" 12" to you all. That beat is quite buttery.

DROP SOME SCIENCE ON EM!
    (YEEEAH!)
    DROP SOME SCIENCE ON EM!
    (YEEEAH!)
    DROP SOME SCIENCE ON EM!
    (YEEEAH!)

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Da King & I was another great group on the Rowdy Records label. What happened to them?

SAYIN!![/b]

• Crazy because I was just wondering that a few days ago! I was in Atlanta about 7 years ago and met these guys, they were super cool and brought me over to their crib. I remember Mr. len was there and we was all hanging out. I lost touch with them about a year after that.

In addition to the above, they had a song on Mr. Len's 2001 Pity the Fool album and also a few on the Dynamic Syncopation album, one of which was also on 12".

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

SAYIN!![/b]

What happened to all the people who I THOUGHT would bid on their CD? My auction ends in a few days and there's been zero interest. Dayum.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Probably the same thing that happened to Co-Flo...

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    do i live under a rock or something like that? i've never even heard of mass influence. a what am i missing? peace, stein. . .

• jonnycubajonnycuba 36 Posts
    Mass are doing there own thing these days...Audessey is working on a new project SoundSci, sounding v.nice with production by; Devil McDoom, Audessey, Ollie Teeba (Herbaliser) & myself...

H20 is in the process of assembling a nice studio setup, can't wait to hear what he's cookin' up...

Peace

J

do i live under a rock or something like that? i've never even heard of mass influence. a what am i missing? peace, stein. . .

Listen to the 12" "All Out/Analyze" at

http://www.turntablelab.com/heavyweightcrate/heavyweight14.html

Most of the tracks on the album "The Underground Science" are old stuff that they decided to put together and do an album with? I think they were made around 1993-1998, but I'm not quite sure. The intro was made just before the album came out though.

Here's the rare version of the LP on coloured vinyl.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Anyone know the deal?

"RANDOM RAP"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The Yall So Stupid video with skateboarding was 85 South.

The DJ for Da King & I was in the movie Juice.

I have never heard Mass Influence, but that cover does look mad "hackeysack."

That is all.

PEace

T.N.

• The Yall So Stupid video with skateboarding was 85 South.

there you go