Why People Don't Go To The Movies (or to DJ gigs?)

2»

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I need to go out more, fuck staying home that shit blows.

Somebody call this guy a whambulance.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    top 3 reasons why i dont go out to hear good djs spin

1) I have a girlfriend....so i'm not trying to go out and pay double for cover and drinks.

2) I have a girlfriend...so i'm not trying to stand around and look at drunk single girls while thinking (after having a few drinks myself) that they are all in love with me, at least the hot ones.

3) I have a girlfriend...so its not like she really gives a shit about hearing good djs to begin with.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    3) I have a girlfriend...so its not like she really gives a shit about hearing good djs to begin with.

actually that's the only reason most dj's have girlfriends.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I like going to Milk if I'm spinning there

I expect all of you to be at my next gig there. The crowd's great!

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO----------SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGNNNNNNNNNNN

Maybe if there were slightly more busty Philipinas in there it would be worth it. Don't get me wrong; there are usually a good showing of busty Philipinas in there but there'd have to be a whole lot more busty Philipinas in there to make it worth the parking nightmare. If there were like a million busty Philipinas in there I might take the chance at the Cala Foods parking lot but there are usually only 15-20 busty Philipinas in there over the course of the night and that's not worth the parking ticket.

Busty Philipinas =

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

Busty Philipinas =

I don't know about that, I mean doesn't quite fit the bill. What it dew on a soft as fuck (in a good way) emoticon?

Maybe

Busty Philipinas =

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

there it is

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

there it is

Can I get a show of hands...how many DJs met their girl/guy at the club?

Not me.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

there it is

Not me.

Not me either.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

there it is

Not me.

I met my girlfriend of 3 years in the club I used to spin at. I watched her dance for a year before I finally stepped to her. I got so burned out on the club scene being a 30 something, couldn't really relate to the youngsters. That's why it took me so long to talk to my girl. I was like, "What the hell would we talk about" She's 10 years younger than me. Well I'm glad I did. She's perfect for me being I'm so immature. Now we rarely go out.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I love loud music, watching people and getting a bit high.I haven???t gotten sick of going to clubs/bars since I started going as a teenager. My BF is not all that interested anymore. He???d rather drink beer with the wolves (ie. camping) or in-between runs on a ramp and is more than happy to use the car stereo for tunes or see a live band. From the get-go we hardly went to clubs or bars with eachother and that is still the case and it works out very well for both of us. We get to do what we like and seeing as how I???ve never gone out with the intention of getting laid and he doesn???t like his friends in that very special way, there???s nothing to get uptight about.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

there it is

Not me.

Not Me

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    1. I already play the music I REALLY wanna hear - excluding my own crew, as much as I like other local DJs , they don't really play stuff I'm crazy about enough to drive 15-45 minutes to support them.

real talk

(reason #151152 I can't wait to get to nyc: djs I actually want to hear have gigs!)

And no one goes to them either!!!!

Seriously though.... anyone in NYC noticing more and more lineups with 6 or more DJs. That'll get them out to support - book them all at once.

Add to that the fact that drink specials are getting more and more prominence on the flyers, and you start to think it's all looking a bit over.

The smoking ban had quite an effect, but mostly it's due to the proliferation of DJs and the fact that with 8 million shoebox-sized bars and lounges, everyone gets to be big fish in a little tiny pond. That's why there's no scene here. I'm hoping the Rubulad parties are changing that, but you know, that's only gonna happen they book me for another gig!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    1. I already play the music I REALLY wanna hear - excluding my own crew, as much as I like other local DJs , they don't really play stuff I'm crazy about enough to drive 15-45 minutes to support them.

real talk

(reason #151152 I can't wait to get to nyc: djs I actually want to hear have gigs!)

cool. I'll start thinking of new excuses right now.

The smoking ban had quite an effect, but mostly it's due to the proliferation of DJs and the fact that with 8 million shoebox-sized bars and lounges, everyone gets to be big fish in a little tiny pond.

shit I'd be happy being a small fish in any kind of pond. (holler at yer overextended metaphor)

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

real talk

cool. I'll start thinking of new excuses right now.

The smoking ban had quite an effect, but mostly it's due to the proliferation of DJs and the fact that with 8 million shoebox-sized bars and lounges, everyone gets to be big fish in a little tiny pond.

shit I'd be happy being a small fish in any kind of pond. (holler at yer overextended metaphor)

Hey, I'll try to mix the metaphors up a bit better next time. Big cheese?

But basically, weekly parties are for the most part blowin. Now, there's a certain "chain" of bar owners round here who serve free pizza with their shit beer. A few years ago that would have been a bad look, now they're the busiest bars in the hood. And boy do I have the dirt on those cunts.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    slightly related, but i just heard a theory that hollywood is trying to alienate the "red states" by flooding the market with violent/sexual doo doo. but then they were saying that they polled moviegoers coming out of these shitty movies and most of them align with the right.

and in even slightly less related news, i took a walk down 8th & irolo looking for the batman bootleg and the vendors were acting tense. all the sudden this dude walks up to this lil dude, says something to him in spanish and then manslaps his ass to the ground. i ask the salvadorena pupusa lady what's up and she points to the sign behind me. i was standing in front of the LAPD community center.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

thirded

but yo, Fridays aren't as rugged as Saturdays

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    5. Avoiding knucklehead club shit:
    -A shady element tends to frequent at least some clubs, so I'd rather avoid it. I'm too old to be dealin' with club violence, chairs flying, etc. I'm a peace-loving cat who dislikes confusion and trife behavior.

Clubs are crap. Crappy music, crappy people, too much potential for trouble.

For movies:

Movies cost too much. There's nothing special about them. The experience isn't good, most movies theaters are about 100 miles out, and it's just a pain in the ass.

Seriously though, for me it's mostly cost. The one theater at the shitty mall here runs first run movies for $3.50. I can swing that. I'm not dropping $10 a person to take my kids to see Spongebob though. That's not even including the effort of stuffing my own candy in my clothes and sneaking it in cause they want $4.50 for an 8 ounce box of jujubees.

• sergserg 682 Posts

Dude, foreally. I was telling someone last night that I like going to Milk if I'm spinning there. That way, I'm up front, out of that crowd. It just gets a little too clusterfucked in there sometimes.

Having said that, I expect all of you to be at my next gig there. The crowd's great!

oh the crowds rule when it hoggy and neta, as long as that salvadorian bastard isn't in the place

I think we're hitting up milk this weekend because I need to go out and I got custom 40wraps from gurpcity so I figure if I have to get wasted using those so I'm going to make sure the public has to face the wrath

Dude, foreally. I was telling someone last night that I like going to Milk if I'm spinning there. That way, I'm up front, out of that crowd. It just gets a little too clusterfucked in there sometimes.

Having said that, I expect all of you to be at my next gig there. The crowd's great!

oh the crowds rule when it hoggy and neta, as long as that salvadorian bastard isn't in the place

fucking mexican.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Reason 7: Staying Home Has Never Been So Good.
    Just as the movie-theater experience has become increasingly putrid, home viewing has become a joy. Recent years have seen the ascendancy of HDTV, video projectors and plasma TVs, and DVDs have become inexpensive -- most sell for about the price of a ticket, soda and popcorn. It used to be that people had to leave the house to have the big-screen experience. But to see a movie on a plasma screen, broadcast in HDTV -- or to see it on DVD, blown up to an 8-foot image by a video projector -- is to come very close to the theatrical experience, with none of the headaches.

I've owned video beamers for the past 8 years and haven't really been to the movies ever since, not once since I got a pretty hi-resolution model three years ago. Fuck movie theaters! Always some idiots talking and shit plus you can't hit pause to go get another beer and that reopulsive popcorn stench, never missed that shit for one second.

• Too many DJ's?

my reason:

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

thirded

C'mon, now, everybody knows that Thursdays are the ruff-rugged-n-raw night.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Busty Philipinas =

I don't know about that, I mean doesn't quite fit the bill. What it dew on a soft as fuck (in a good way) emoticon?

You don`t know the busty Philipinas I know.

thirded

I woudn't know, hopefully I'll find out ONE DAY when it's my time to finally spin there.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

thirded

I woudn't know, hopefully I'll find out ONE DAY when it's my time to finally spin there.

Ah, yes. Welcome to the wonderful world of dealing with M**k H*****y.