Bill Cosby releases "hip-hop" album

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Signed Ellis Wilson print is a nice way to start decorating his NJ apartment.

V.Honeywood

So what is the print on the wall? Varnette Honeywood? Jacob Lawerence? or Ellis Wilson?

By the way ^ that one is super nice.

Honeywood.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I loved The Cosby Show when it was on, but when I saw reruns a few years ago I was amazed at how poorly it holds up. In fact, I thought it sucked.

I hung with the show for the first three seasons it was on, then quickly lost interest after that. I can still watch the Cosby spinoff A Different World, however. Lord knows it was just as preachy, but something about it holds up better than the show it spun off from.

total cosign.

and I think I know why a Different World holds up better.

no Bill Cosby.

A Different World comes off as pretty terrible now

Cosby Show is still great because of Bill...

I even watched that show he had in the 90s

He's an old man, let him be an old man... dudes his age don't like rap. Whatever.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I loved The Cosby Show when it was on, but when I saw reruns a few years ago I was amazed at how poorly it holds up. In fact, I thought it sucked.

I hung with the show for the first three seasons it was on, then quickly lost interest after that. I can still watch the Cosby spinoff A Different World, however. Lord knows it was just as preachy, but something about it holds up better than the show it spun off from.

total cosign.

and I think I know why a Different World holds up better.

no Bill Cosby.

A Different World comes off as pretty terrible now

Cosby Show is still great because of Bill...

A Different World vs The Cosby Show....apples and oranges.

I copped the 1st season of The Cosby Show, and I wasnt moved to cop the rest of the series. A Different World is sold out in many NYC stores. Two different animals.

I was actually lookin forward to the Theo & Them @ NYU Show that he tried to set up when Theo was gettin ready for college. They had a couple of "pilots" within the Cosby Show to prep folks to the new idea.

File w/ the Lost Tito Jackson Instrumental Album.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Did Cosby really say "the hippin' and the hoppin'" or is that just some younger comic like Dave Chapelle imitating him? I've seen that goofy quote attributed to him all over the place...

It was a Simpsons riff, I thought.