Going to Columbus, Ohio...

dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Going to Columbus, Ohio...and asking any of you strutters where's some good spots for records and food. I'll be there late Friday the 15th and leaving on Sunday to see some friends. I'd be down to meet some strutters in the area if anyone wants to meet up. So can somebody recommend some stores please?

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    where are the spots in akron / canton PM me

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    while we're at it how about Dayton? I gotta go to a wedding there

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    columbus: i know theres an ill reggae spot there, i hit with a friend last summer, just dont remember where or what it was called (i quit toking...)

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    while we're at it how about Dayton? I gotta go to a wedding there

Dayton isn't bad. It's been a good 6 years since I've been there but there is one spot right off I75. It's not hard to find and people know of it. They sell tons of mix cd's and cd's so people know of the spot if or when you ask. There is a spot listed in Goldmine also, and it's actually pretty good and usually he has a few pieces in there. While you're there you might want to drive 30 minutes South on 75 until you see a Giant Red Barn. It's before the Cinci highways. You'll find a few dealers in there. We found some good shit in the barn. As for Dayton, I found stuff like Eddie Hazel, Afro Harping etc... there. Decent prices too

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

There are not many. The stores that claim they have breaks really suck. Their prized possesion used to be Black Ceasar. LOL. Even for $10 it wasn't worth it at the time. I didn't really do well in those cities in the stores, but I did ok at garage sales. My roomate in Ohio lived in Canton so I knew the area. We'd hit it on weekends. If you plan on going there I can call my old roomate and get the name of the one decent place in those two cities. It was a little spot in a strip mall run by this old white lady and she sold records and pots/krafts. She was more concerned about Beenie Babies than vinyl so you might be able to get some decent shit. She had tons and tons and tons of late 60's/early 70's Jazz. I mean shit loads, but I can't stand Jazz so I left it all.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    I can't stand Jazz

cool man, thanks for the info

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

There are not many. The stores that claim they have breaks really suck. Their prized possesion used to be Black Ceasar. LOL. Even for $10 it wasn't worth it at the time. I didn't really do well in those cities in the stores, but I did ok at garage sales. My roomate in Ohio lived in Canton so I knew the area. We'd hit it on weekends. If you plan on going there I can call my old roomate and get the name of the one decent place in those two cities. It was a little spot in a strip mall run by this old white lady and she sold records and pots/krafts. She was more concerned about Beenie Babies than vinyl so you might be able to get some decent shit. She had tons and tons and tons of late 60's/early 70's Jazz. I mean shit loads, but I can't stand Jazz so I left it all.

The only one that that sounds like is Royalty Books and Records and it closed around a year ago. No pots or crafts though.

Square Records, near Market & Highland, Akron
    Checkered Records, 1954 Whipple, Canton
    Trade Those Tunes, 1320 Whipple Ave NW / Meyers Lake Plaza, Canton
    Spinmore Records, 165 E. Main, Kent ... although their domain is gone, I dunno
    Record Exchange / The Exchange, multiple
    CD/Game Exchange, multiple

plus a couple flea markets, etc.

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    Ahhhhh yes Columbus.

Used kids records on High St. (Columbus) Good spot.....

The Reggae spot dude is referring to is Roots Records, also on High St. Nice store.

Colleens Collectibles on Oakland Park......is cool. But I will tell you now if she thinks you know anything about records she is going to run to ebay. That spot is full of wax though.

Lost weekend records.......also High st. You might find something in there.

Pretty much all of these are within ten minutes of one another.

If you are looking for entertainment on Saturday evening we are hosting our second REGIONAL BEAT BATTLE @ Little Brothers (1100 N. High St.) $5.00......If you are looking for some hip-hop.

need anymore help holler.

[email]numeric614@yahoo.com[/email]

Most of the food here sucks btw.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Yo....thanks a lot numeric!

I hit you up with an e-mail...if you're down to get together lemme know.

You know if any of the stores will allow portables?

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    Never tried a portable in Used Kids...but they are pretty laid back.

Colleens Collectibles definitely. They even have a turntable inside you can use.

Lost Weekend needs more business so I am sure he wont give a shit.

Roots prolly 50/50 chance.

I shot u an email back just holla when you come through.