FINGER LICKEN KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
BRO'S SERIOUSLY, THE HANGUK IS RUNNING THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW. THERE ARE NOW 2 KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN CHAINS AND THEY DOUBLE FRY THEIR CHICKEN IN BUTTER AND GARLIC AND THE SHIT IS FUCKEN INCREDIBLE. ANYONE KNOW WHAT I AM SPEAKING OF? I KNOW NYC GOT A FEW GOINGS ON AND PROLLY LIKE TORONTO OR SOMEWHERES, YES? KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN IS RUNNING LA GOBBLE GOBBLE

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Korean BBQ has stepped up in nYC

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    this is what i have been hearing. and im not talking about flushing, my spies tell me that korea-block, or whatever you alls call that area in manhattan, is actually coming up in a real gourmet east coast fusion stylee. like full on snack bars and shit. you all get the pancakes yet? street vendor steez? man, there was an actual korean taco truck trying to run the blvds out here for a minute. with lackluster kimbop and get this argentinian empanadas!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    actual korean taco truck

actual korean taco truck

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Toronto's been repping the fried chicken for a minute....

only drawback is waiting for your order, it takes quite a while since it's double fried. Inhaling the oil fumes for 30 mins is not exactly the best of looks.

yes, its at least a 25 minute wait. AT LEAST. one of the chains out here delivers though and they also have a soft serve machine in house if u get disgruntled like me while you wait for your 30 minute korean fried chicken.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    here's a nyt piece on it...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/07/dining/07fried.html

nothing cuts the grease overload feeling like a cold ob.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dudes this is not the greatest of food for me to be looking at when i'm trying not to eat fried foods.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Korean fried chicken? YES PLAESE!!!!!! Cockatoo???s Chicken Restaurant and Hanmaum
    in Federal Way, WA both have the crazy delicious Korean fried chicken. Korean food has to be the most slept on cuisine in the world. SO GOOD. I'm leaving for Seoul May 3rd so you folls KNOW it is gonna be on and crackin'.

is it me or does korean takuan taste like they use nutrasweet or something in it? it always tastes like diet koko

is it me or does korean takuan taste like they use nutrasweet or something in it? it always tastes like diet koko

LOL! Oh snap. You are TOO funny Shig. True dat. The takuan in kim bap does always taste kinda funny! We might be the only two people on here to talk about Korean takuan. You mos def took it there and got specific with that one.

hi big chan!

hi big chan!

What up foolio? All good in LA?

es bueno except for the 100 degree heat wave we are having. I NEED HAYASHI CHUUKA BUT THEY WONT PUT IT ON THE MENU TIL SUMMER, NANDAYOOOOU[/b]!!!!!!!!

es bueno except for the 100 degree heat wave we are having. I NEED HAYASHI CHUUKA BUT THEY WONT PUT IT ON THE MENU TIL SUMMER, NANDAYOOOOU[/b]!!!!!!!!

Kawai so. My favorite local Japanese spot has the DOPE hiyashi chuka and all I have to do is call my hommie's mom ahead of time and she will make it for me anytime! Make sure to eat your hiyashi chuka with lots of karashi and a few good cold Japanese beers.

jealousy is a dish best served cold. i want to eat my computer

jealousy is a dish best served cold. i want to eat my computer

Sorry for posting the picture!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    HIYASHI CHUKA

REN-MYON

COLD SOBA

SO-MEN

SO NECESSARY.

Yo Shig, where's this Korean Chicken at?

COLD SOBA

Zaru soba ALL DAY in the summer foll!

theyre both on 6th. one is caled kyo-chon(they deliver within ktown i think) and the other is bonchon. its $10 for like 6 wings and some nutrasweet koko and it takes 1/2 hour to make. but its almost worth the $10 and the wait.

oh bro! theres also a kyochon on torrance and crenshaw. its in that new plaza grocery store which i think is like whole foods for us chinamans. it looks all whole foods-ey but with yaohan type faire in it.

Im waitin for Korean Cuisine to get that public spokesperson to help thrust the cuisine into the mainstream.

And i need to get my hands on some homeade Kimchi for my stash.

Im waitin for Korean Cuisine to get that public spokesperson to help thrust the cuisine into the mainstream.

you could always move to california. ive had a bulgogi burrito out here complete with calrose rice and the mung bean or whatever that bean stuff is koreans mix up in the rice. kim chee was the "hot sauce" and i will not front, it was decent. kims burrito's r.i.p.

you could always move to california. ive had a bulgogi burrito out here complete with calrose rice and the mung bean or whatever that bean stuff is koreans mix up in the rice. kim chee was the "hot sauce" and i will not front, it was decent. kims burrito's r.i.p.

I dont drive so Cali is a no-no. But i need to investigate Little Korea in ManHatt for real. That's one of the few hoods ive never ate in.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i took this flick with a zenit 35 a couple years back...

step your passport game up.

i took this flick with a zenit 35 a couple years back...

step your passport game up.

haha...no doubt. Ill simply date 'em here in NYC until.

I dont drive so Cali is a no-no. But i need to investigate Little Korea in ManHatt for real. That's one of the few hoods ive never ate in.

The joints around 32nd Street in Manhattan are pretty good, but if you want the REAL Korean hood experience plaese to go to Flushing, Queens.

if you want the REAL Korean hood experience plaese to go to Flushing, Queens.

Oh of course.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yo Shig, thanks for that info! Imma have to get some of those soon!! i will report back.