Who's going to watch Miss Rap Supreme?

Comments

• The russian-american girl from BK is mad intriguing. I'd blap.

Really?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    The russian-american girl from BK is mad intriguing. I'd blap.

Really?

yeah she's pretty hurt from my perspective. the only one that looked blappable was the shorty from the trailer who didnt even make it into the first episode.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Something about the Russian's unkempt, hippy-hop style appeals to me.

• thought she was a dyke

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Something about the Russian's unkempt, hippy-hop style appeals to me.

she used to waitress where i work in nyc... i have not seen this show, i just remember when she worked there everyone was like, yo she recorded with RZA... i don't think she's gay...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Russian ladies are intimidating...

yo, anyone got a working torrent? Everyone I've found so far needs registration on chronictracker.com

b

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Yeah I can't find anything either b. Fuck a registration.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    here's rapidshare links, but i don't have an account;

http://sharelinkz.com/?p=2346

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    "Alcohol lets down your prohibitions..."

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    "Alcohol lets down your prohibitions..."

haha! yeah. i caught that too. i'm a little disappointed with the first episode. it felt just like flavor of love or rock of love...just girls yelling at each other. serch looked mad out of place.

hopefully it picks up and allows some of that egotrip humor to come thru.

i spit like a llama
    you look like a llama

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I'm rooting for the lady who is L.A. Star's daughter. I remember when L.A. Star was doing interviews way back when, and she smoke of being an MC who was also a single mom. When she said "I'm the daughter of L.A. Star", I had an expression that probably said "oh shit" and a few seconds later, MC Serch had the same expression. I too hope for less VH-1 drama, no need for squeezin' pop llama.

• I don't get why Khia is on there.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I don't get why Khia is on there.

STORYLINES...DRAMA...REALITY TV

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I don't get why Khia is on there.

STORYLINES...DRAMA...REALITY TV

"fanbase"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Pardon the plug but I recently interviewed out own "Maocontent" about the show (among many, many other things). Thought it might be of interest to folks:

http://www.asiaarts.ucla.edu/080418/article.asp?parentID=90797

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Pardon the plug but I recently interviewed out own "Maocontent" about the show (among many, many other things). Thought it might be of interest to folks:

http://www.asiaarts.ucla.edu/080418/article.asp?parentID=90797

interesting foot note to hear that Miss Rap Supreme is not "white rapper show" with girls. It's a beauty pageant format. I think that might actually help in terms of watching it. Just realizing they are going for something different rather than just revamping what worked for them in the past.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Yes... I kinda miss living with Misfit

Thoughts on last night's ep? SPOILERS

Khia...DQed?! (Pity - she was not long for the competition but it would have been fun to have her around for a bit longer).

Nicky2States = instant classic every interview

D.O.B. = we hardly knew ye

Rece Steele's hair is mad distracting.

Overall, I'm enjoying the show but I do have to say: the incessant bickering is already beginning to feel monotonous.

Cue: Can't they all get along?

although I enjoy the show, it appears that the rap skills are elementary at best. I know that's kind of the point, but almost every rap is cringe-worthy. It would be nice if one of them could sort of rap.

I'm not saddened by Khia's departure. She would have been gone in no time anyways. She might have fought Serch though. That would have been interesting. I liked how Serch said "you know, I was thinking that your rhyme sounded familiar, so we did some research." Like he's ever been to her myspace page.

The Nun with the step off. Awesome.

The track running girls with the step off...Awesome.

I never quite understand what makes a "hot 16" to some of them. Some of their hot 16s are like 5 bars long.

She looks like Aubrey from Danity Kane in this picture.

Some of their hot 16s are like 5 bars long.

I'm assuming those were edited down for time. I did note that a few of the women were completely off-topic but that didn't seem to be an issue with the judges. Again, maybe that's an editing byproduct though.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    It would be nice if one of them could sort of rap.

Lady Twist can sorta rap. Granted, we're grading on a curve here, but she actually sounds like she's rhymed over beats before.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Lady Twist can sorta rap. Granted, we're grading on a curve here, but she actually sounds like she's rhymed over beats before.

Wait, so what I'm hearing here is that they're not all that hot and they can barely rap. were they picked for the show based on their ability to start and maintain drama? What are they competing for? what is the point of this show?

• Lady Twist can sorta rap like Twista, of whom she is clearly a clone in name, style, and hometown.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Plaese to spill the beans.

Wait, so what I'm hearing here is that they're not all that hot and they can barely rap. were they picked for the show based on their ability to start and maintain drama? What are they competing for? what is the point of this show?

Why don't you watch the show first?

How many episodes do you think it will take before somebody disses Byatta in rhyme, using Mazda Miada.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    How many episodes do you think it will take before somebody disses Byatta in rhyme, using Mazda Miada.

Too clever a rhyme for this show.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Why don't you watch the show first?

Because I don't have cable.