Where did you go to college?

13»

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I went to McGill in Montreal where I did a double major in cultural studies and humanistic studies, no doubt the school's most rigorous and dignified areas of study (to this day I still have only the vaguest idea of what cultural studies is). I went to university because that's what people seemed to do. I had no particular academic interests and I never found much of a niche while I was there. I was far more invested in the city, my radio show, my record dealing, and cooking elaborate meals.

I took a year off, sold records full time, realised that record dealing was not a viable career for me, and, out of a lack of imagination, applied to law school. Now I'm about to graduate from the University of New Brunswick Faculty of Law and head back to Toronto to work at a giant corporate firm. How long I'll last is anyone's guess, but the money is pretty good and a fellow's got to do something with his life.

Lots of Americans go to McGill. It's cheaper than US colleges and apparently has something of a reputation. There are few better cities than Montreal for being a student.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    SUNY New Paltz. Class of '96. Anyone else go there?

I didn't go there, but I know New Paltz pretty well. Some of the world's best trad climbing right there at the Gunks! I try and get to New Paltz each fall. Great town.