When was the last record day?

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
The last one I can recall was too long ago, and I wasn't able to really get down (too busy etc...)Any plans for another one? Seems like the board really comes to life on record day.

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i've been thinking about posting something like this. i just need the interweb at home so i can participate for a change.....

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Seems like people are too busy racking up 10k+ hits to the "Look at me" thread. It's time for record day.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Last record day was kinda lame cuz there was no discussion... just a download onslaught.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Last record day was kinda lame cuz there was no discussion... just a download onslaught.

i was thinking the same thing too.

i mean, yeah, sometimes it's better to show than tell, but that was just downright WEAK

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Last three record days were kinda lame cuz there was no discussion... just a download onslaught.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Last three record days were kinda lame cuz there was no discussion... just a download onslaught.

I really have no problem with the download thing, I think it's great to share music rather than just showing a picture of a record cover.

However, I thought it was a little lame when people would start new threads and post a single song with little or no info or insight into the artist/music etc, just like "I love this song, bye" type of thing. Seemed like alot of the great threads got bumped to the second page because of this.

Maybe splitting the threads into genres/labels would be a good look? "Moder-Soul-Boogie" "Raers" etc...

Ehh ... I thought the main idea behind record day was that
    people were supposed to talk about/debate/drop knowledge about
    records for a day, without the usual extracurricular conversation.

... not just a chance for people to dump their hard drives.

The last few we had, all people were saying leading up to it was
    "yo I gotta get busy ripping some records" "damn I need to clear
    some space in my hard drive for all the downloads coming up" "yo
    people better come correct with raers, none of that soulseek downloaded
    bullshit" etc, etc ...

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Last Record Day was Sept. 20th, 2007 if I have the dates right.

It was an overload of too much stuff and maybe about 1/10 of the post got some replies, if more than 5. A lot got no replies, so it was just too much posting, too much downloading, and not much discussion.

I say everyone should make an Ish.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I propose anyone that posts albums gets banned!

Only pictures of you fondling the album and in-car kareoke need apply!

Extra points for you tube of you with protable on a see-saw or on street at bar close.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

It was an overload of too much stuff and maybe about 1/10 of the post got some replies, if more than 5. A lot got no replies, so it was just too much posting, too much downloading, and not much discussion.

I think with all the download blogs every day is record day for the leechers. Everybody thought they had some valuable Mp3's, but it ultimately wasn't focused. How about we get Danno or one of the admins to sticky some of the top discussions, and get some real music topics for just one day. I think that could solve the record day dilemma.

- spidey

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I propose a "NON-RECORD DAY", all record or music related threads get deleted.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

That's like Americans asking for a "White History Month."

In response to the initial question: about three years ago.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

we used to have one - only it was called "PAP DAY" (rest in pieces, forever)

we used to have one - only it was called "PAP DAY" (rest in pieces, forever)

Don't start shit, won't be none.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts