Soul II Soul question

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
On the Red Alert show Johnny posted a few weeks back Red plays a dub / instrumental version of Back To Life where the dude is talking "Soul II Soul is a soundsystem, an amalgamation of sound...." etc, with a thick UK accent of course. What version is that exactly?

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    not sure if its what you heard but "jazzie's groove" is all just jazzy talking over a similiar beat.... same album.

• I know the 45 has an acapella on it (kinda).

The 12' has some weird dub version and an Inst.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    not sure if its what you heard but "jazzie's groove" is all just jazzy talking over a similiar beat.... same album.

This was my first thought as well.

You can hear it here.

http://www.7digital.com/artists/soul-ii-soul/jazzies-groove/

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    on the album, the "Back To Life" track runs into "Jazzie's Groove" sounding like one long song. The track rolls with that intro with the dude saying "Soul II Soul is a soundsystem..." Both are available as singles though.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    i think empanadamn nailed it.

there definitely was some back to life vocals there. and some gary byrd soul travellin horns too.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    The version you are looking for is on the Keep On Movin' album. "Jazzie's Groove (Jazzie's 12")" has that vocal with a different chopped up intro beat then goes into the Westchester Lady sample from Bob James in the middle of the track.