hot wax records

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
anybody got a discograpy?seems like whenever i see a hot wax 45 its always either flaming ember, honey comb, laura lee or 100 proof aged in soul...what other bands were on the label?gotta love how the label itself looks too (old design at least)

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The Politicians Featuring McKinley Jackson

Nice record

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Nice record

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the only other group I have seen besides those listed is Silent Majority, they have a couple of 45's and a track on the "Hot Wax Greatest Hits" LP, a group soul track like a smoother 100 Proof.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I have a 100 proof 45 that says it's "I'd Rather FIght Than Switch", but it's actually some other song not on either of the 2 100 Proof LP's. Anyone know about this? I'm getting ready to move but I'll try to get some lyrics.

• 313313 21 Posts

Nice record

he is proof from D-12's daddy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Michael & The Messengers 45

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    There's an LP discography at Both Sides Now

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I have a 100 proof 45 that says it's "I'd Rather FIght Than Switch", but it's actually some other song not on either of the 2 100 Proof LP's. Anyone know about this? I'm getting ready to move but I'll try to get some lyrics.

Got this too. Oddball stuff, but a dope song.

- J

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    This one is nice: Satisfaction Unlimited "Think of the Children"! nice ghetto soul.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    There's an LP discography at Both Sides Now

And there's a 45 discography at http://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/hotwax.htm. And no, there is no single by Michael & the Messengers listed.

EDIT: I just clicked on the link I provided and it didn't come through. Just go to the Soulful Kinda Music site and look under "label discographies." The labels are all filed alphabetically, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rare Earth, my bad.