Gospel Funk coming to Chicago / critique my poster

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Plain as all get-out, but the genre alone (not common outside of collector cliques) should draw the eye amongst a bevy of colorful, glitzy rock posters at Reckless Records. Original size: 8.5x14[/b]As part of the Chicago Independent Radio Project Record Fair this 12th and 13th.

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    looks good. would definitely get my attention.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Thanks, man. Anyone else?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I have perfect eyesight, and can barely read it?

- Diego

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I have perfect eyesight, and can barely read it?

- Diego

The OG size is 8.5x14. Didn't want to blow it up and fuck with the page width here.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    AH, I hate resizing. Same problem I'm having with the Flyer I made this week.

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1084531&an=0&page=0#Post1084531

- spidey

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Plain as all get-out, but the genre alone (not common outside of collector cliques) should draw the eye amongst a bevy of colorful, glitzy rock posters at Reckless Records. Original size: 8.5x14[/b]

As part of the Chicago Independent Radio Project Record Fair this 12th and 13th.

I reckon you've got a top right-hand corner screaming out (fire'n'brimstone) for an image, a sign, some symbolism:

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    chicago has gazillions of gospel fans. why advertise at reckless? serious q

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    chicago has gazillions of gospel fans. why advertise at reckless? serious q

Just a place, is all. Got to cast the net widely. It was more of an mental image for visual space wars, if you know what I mean.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    word. i like the design

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I reckon you've got a top right-hand corner screaming out (fire'n'brimstone) for an image, a sign, some symbolism:

I figured that the text/message would dominate the top 2/3rds of the ad, and I'm all about using white space to free up the focal point. Working the heirerarchy.