Bacon appreciation

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I was a vegetarian for 12 years but I have returned to the darkside and love me some bacon. Here is a tribute to all things BACON First and foremost, I think that it is time for a Texas road trip...to Snook, TX for some Chicken Fried Bacon and Cream Gravy.

next up... The Bacon Martinihttp://baconmartini.com/Instead of only coating the rim with bacon fat and garnishing with a slice of bacon, you could go one step further and use Bacon Infused Vodkahttp://www.eatfoo.com/archives/2007/07/baconinfused_vodka.phpand last but not leastwaitforitProbably NOT SAFE FOR WORKThe Bacon BraSorry, I know that is pretty nasty but I had to throw it out there anyway

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The pork in your drink, ive read about in some Food Mags. I gotta try it.

Weve been here before but Bacon is

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Weve been here before but Bacon is

Yeah, I know. In the past day or so I've seen several bacon related things on the internet and thought I'd show s'more love anyway.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i have a vegetarian friend who loves bacon. i tell her she isn't really a vegetarian then, but she won't hear me.

bacon is love.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    "My greasy lover Bacon"

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I don't do swine but I like me some Turkey Bacon!!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    i have a vegetarian friend who loves bacon. i tell her she isn't really a vegetarian then, but she won't hear me.

bacon is love.

My wife's Italian grandmother served her a plate of prosciutto when she was a vegetarian. My wife tried to explain she only ate fruits and vegetables, so grandma cut up a pear and put the prosciutto over it. When the wife refused again, the grandmother went on a tirade about how prosciutto doesn't count and how no self-respecting Italian would deny themselves the treat.

Anyway back to the subject at hand:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    When I was younger I used to be all on some anti cat-rat-dog shit but then I realized I was just Frickin' up.

Good lord.

• polish bacon: "boczek"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I don't do swine but I like me some Turkey Bacon!!

I'm not into sex, but I do love dry humping!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

bacon is love.

bacon is love.

bacon is love.

bacon is love.

bacon is love.

Oh yes. I just fried some up this morning to go with my blueberry pancakes.

As a kid, when my mom and sister would be eating BLTs, I would be tearing up peanut butter & bacon sandwiches.

I don't care how good a breakfast spot is, if its bacon isn't up to snuff, then I don't want to eat there.

Bacon: Bringing Vegetarians Back To Omnivorousness Since Time Immemorial

• The Doubledown here serves the Bacon Martini (I would assume the one in NY would too). It looks questionable. I have had their Turkey Dinners. Thats Wild Turkey, pieces of turkey meat and canned corn.

So my room-mate is on this Bacon and Eggs kick right now. It's all he eats and it's smells up the house something awful. Not that bacon smells bad on it's own, but constantly being subjected to it tends to put me in a fucked mood when I walk in the house from work.

Anyway - he cooks up like whole packages of it, then makes little plastic sandwich baggies full of cooked bacon and leaves it in the fridge.

That shit can't be good for you.

I'm going house hunting.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    polish bacon: "boczek"

Is that bacon wrapped pear?

So my room-mate is on this Bacon and Eggs kick right now. It's all he eats and it's smells up the house something awful. Not that bacon smells bad on it's own, but constantly being subjected to it tends to put me in a fucked mood when I walk in the house from work.

I can understand that. My old roommate ate nothing but french fries everyday. Breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday for the last 28 years. I got to where I could hardly stand the smell of them.

On a side note, I cooked some blueberry maple sausage last weekend and my house smelled like maple bacon for days.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The Doubledown here serves the Bacon Martini (I would assume the one in NY would too). It looks questionable. I have had their Turkey Dinners. Thats Wild Turkey, pieces of turkey meat and canned corn.

That come with a side order of Ass Juice?

• Holy shit. Wild Turkey with lil' corn nuggs floating in it sounds like some of the nastiest shit ever. I AIN'T INTO THAT.

• The Doubledown here serves the Bacon Martini (I would assume the one in NY would too). It looks questionable. I have had their Turkey Dinners. Thats Wild Turkey, pieces of turkey meat and canned corn.

That come with a side order of Ass Juice?

Thought you knew.

Holler at your boy.

• Holy shit. Wild Turkey with lil' corn nuggs floating in it sounds like some of the nastiest shit ever. I AIN'T INTO THAT.

It's not attractive sober.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Holy shit. Wild Turkey with lil' corn nuggs floating in it sounds like some of the nastiest shit ever. I AIN'T INTO THAT.

Right? Why you gotta be putting food in your booze? What's next, toothpaste in your coffee?

• ain't no fu**in pork on my fork!
    i'm not a vegetarian but i can't stand swine, these animals are just disgusting

ain't no fu**in pork on my fork!

But they taste so good

• Mmmmmm. Can't resist it. It made me eat pork again. A product I'm very proud to publish...

• ain't no fu**in pork on my fork!

But they taste so good

i'm not sure about that...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

My wife's Italian grandmother served her a plate of prosciutto when she was a vegetarian. My wife tried to explain she only ate fruits and vegetables, so grandma cut up a pear and put the prosciutto over it. When the wife refused again, the grandmother went on a tirade about how prosciutto doesn't count and how no self-respecting Italian would deny themselves the treat.

Anyway back to the subject at hand:

your wife's grandma is badass!!!

I worked at a jewish country club and we never had pork on the menu except for bacon. Pork tenederloin would get the stink eye...but bacon gets the pass. Save that bacon grease too kids!

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Has anyone?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    A local bar has/used to have a free bacon night. Buy a beer, ask for some bacon, and you got a basketful. Now, I love bacon, but there is just something wrong with a basketful of it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Asstro wins the internets today!

• Options
    Has anyone?

I brave one of these a week ago and felt barfy for like 5 hours after.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I just fried some up this morning to go with my blueberry pancakes.

I put bacon in the pancakes.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

This kills it...although i prefer their chicken burgers.
    But seriously that deep fried bacon with sauce looked like it would give a 20 year old a heart attack in 2 seconds.(Not that this is all that healthy)
    BTW that Jim Gaffigan stand-up was