Malik Yaqub?? (private press jazz related)

awallawall 673 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
picked up up this bizzaro private press jazz record this weekend. can't find anything about the dude that's in english. anyone know him?

Comments

• indiana45sindiana45s 266 Posts
    Crazy liner notes on that one eh? I have a copy of it but wouldn't mind a better one if yours is clean!

Wierd Bay Area free jazz with cult-orientation. Dude lives in Egypt or something like that now.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    Crazy liner notes on that one eh?
    yeah, i couldn't figure out what the fuck was going on. and why does it have a $20 price on the cover?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Crazy liner notes on that one eh?
    yeah, i couldn't figure out what the fuck was going on. and why does it have a $20 price on the cover?

yeah, i was wondering the same.

the record looks cool.

who's the personnel on it? where's it from. more info please.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Haha ari it's not your thing.... weird skronk free jazz with spoken word. I've heard what I was told was the "heavy" track. No idea if there's a vol. 2.

It was made to raise $ for Yaqub's gynecology clinic. Hence the $20 price tag. He's quite the, uhmm, baller?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

It was made to raise $ for Yaqub's gynecology clinic. Hence the $20 price tag. He's quite the, uhmm, baller?

free jazz gynecologist. interesting.

i will refrain from bad jokes.

wife or client on the cover?

• awallawall 673 Posts
    the last track is some boogie woogie piano with a woman having an orgasm over it.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I wonder if he ever got this venture off the ground.

Who would let this guy touch their girl bits???

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the last track is some boogie woogie piano with a woman having an orgasm over it.

so it could potentially be both wife and client.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    >i will refrain from bad jokes.

...that looks really cool though.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That record looks ill. Soundclips plaese?