Vacation-strut + soundtracks

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
anyone going on vacation any time soon? and more importantly what tunes do you bring with you to just zone out? i'm going to goa, haven't seen some of my family in almost 2 decades! i'l post pics when i get back, and none of that tourist sheit, stayin in the village! going for about a month and i'm just gonna get dark as hell. i'm taking music via my mp3 player, so i just wanted to get some suggestions.so far i'm packing music that makes me think of the sun, like some old school ska and reggae, and miles sketches of spain. flamenco music will work too. some bossa too. need some suggestions, anything but fuckn goa trance!

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I always pack some new hip-hop albums, stuff I've been meaning to check out from blogs and whatnot, and of course... soulman/kon&amir/conmen/muro mixes for the long rides...

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    regardless of genre, i only bring the slow stuff, for like napping on the beach and stuff.

i try not to bring "beat heavy" stuff either. i'm listening to dj music 90% of the time, be it funk, disco, hip-hop, etc. So on vacation, it's all lps like RASHIDA.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    well i'm gonna take half the "Lost in time" blog with me haha, but i guess im gonna have to look for some mixes.

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    I always just try and load up on everything I haven't got around to listening to yet. And then thrown in a couple of old favourites just in case.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    alieNDN,

You are Goan? Have a Spanish or Portuguese last name? I've got a bunch of friends who are Goan. All were DJ's at one point.

I'm off to Japan & Thailand tomorrow. Gonna have the same trouble putting together my playlists tonight.

Hope you have a great trip!

We need to have a Toronto dinner meet up soon. Get some more strutters out.

Easy.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    hey dor,
    ya, my parents are goan, but i was born here, so hypenated im a goan-torontonian, lol i prefer that to indo-canadian. yup, got the portuguese last name too (kinda makes me an alien indian), throws everyone off. ya, id love to meet up with the toronto strutters sometime.

japan and thailand should be insane. let me know how thailand turns out, really curious about checking that place out in my life time.

bon voyage!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I'm in the middle of making a playlist for my upcoming road trip. The lady and I are renting a huge Harley with a 4-speaker sound system to travel through Arizona, Utah, and Nevada for a week. We'll be staying at The Shady Dell Trailer Park that was featured on the strut last year. I've been putting a lot of classic rock and psych on the mix just for the Harley theme. Also some early 2000 Indie stuff just because I've always listened to it on road trips and gives me good memories.

If you were going on a Southwest Motorcycle trip what would your essential songs be?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    ipod and headphones seems to work...