I AM A ARTISTE [LA RELATED]

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited April 2008 in Announcements
ha! yes i am. i am in an art show with kamau daaood! well, kinda. this one lovely art lady came around taking portraits of folks in the district and what not. as far as i know im in this thing too! opening reception is this saturday, unfortunately i cant make it. but the marcus miller freedom jazz movement will be performing and theyre pretty good! anyways, here's the press release thing.Hope you can join us for an exhibit documenting our version of AllanKaprow's Happening, Pose in West Adams, Mid City, Leimert, BaldwinVillage and more...Recipe-Ask our favorite artists to "Pose" in some of their favorite places inour neighborhoodTape the photo back up and re-documentCollect artist's statement on location and poseHere are a couple of Poses by Kamau Daaood and Nisaa Madyun to keepyou interested ; )Opening Reception April 5th 3:00 pm ??? 6:00 pmPerformance byMARCUS MILLER FREEDOM JAZZ MOVEMENTand many surprise HappeningsExhibit - April 5 through April 26, 200812 noon ??? 5:00 p.m. daily (except holidays)William Grant Still Art Center2520 South Westview Street,Los Angeles, CA 90016(323) 734-1165"Happenings" are coordinated by theMuseum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles,The City of Los Angeles, Department of Cultural Affairs,Made possible by generous support from the Getty Foundation.Allan Kaprow; Art as Life is organized by the Haus der Kunst, Munich,and the Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven.http://www.moca.org/kaprow/index.php/category/pose/

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    If I lived in LA I'd be so on this. Especially since at first I thought you were re-staging Mario Van Peebles 1993 epic Posse.