My Banker Rocks Doubles

2»

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    It may not be worth anything, but that Men at Work LP packs heat.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    It may not be worth anything, but that Men at Work LP packs heat.

These are the records that will be sampled in 30 years. Or maybe three years.

• What do you say when they ask if "..any of those worth anything?", knowing their heart is just gushing with hope that they had the hot shit for you?

Sure, some of you on here will have some toughguy "gtfohwts" response, but in the REAL WORLD when someone is honestly trying to be nice, how do you deflect with integrity?

Naw, you absolutely got to be honest on this one--otherwise they're going to think you actually owe them a favor for acting as thier dumpster.

So your saying it's kind of the point when they play themselves and, in turn by asking you this question (..are these worth anything..), basically asking you your opinion of their taste in music?

Yeah - honesty would have to be factored in on a "per case" basis.

I like paying my rent, I can't really tell my boss to his face that his love of Peter Cetera and his collections of Bath House Gems is so nagl.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    my banker sends me really fuckin hard to find Suga Free 12" singles.

he's into pachucas too, por favor beleeb it,

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    you trust that guy with your money?

V.P. Gambino at the Neopolitan Savings Bank.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

What do you say when they ask if "..any of those worth anything?", knowing their heart is just gushing with hope that they had the hot shit for you?

Sure, some of you on here will have some toughguy "gtfohwts" response, but in the REAL WORLD when someone is honestly trying to be nice, how do you deflect with integrity?

Naw, you absolutely got to be honest on this one--otherwise they're going to think you actually owe them a favor for acting as thier dumpster.

So your saying it's kind of the point when they play themselves and, in turn by asking you this question (..are these worth anything..), basically asking you your opinion of their taste in music?

Yeah - honesty would have to be factored in on a "per case" basis.

I like paying my rent, I can't really tell my boss to his face that his love of Peter Cetera and his collections of Bath House Gems is so nagl.

Being honest doesn't always mean being an asshole. Couldn't you just tell him that the records are so common that they don't bring in that much money? That should be easy to say without hurting feelings.

You don't have to insult their tastes, but you don't have to kiss ass either. He should understand that he and 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 other people bought those same records 20 years ago.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    When you were a kid did you know anyone with a record player?

Yeah! Everyone I knew had a record player.

And did any of them have Men With Hats?

Oh yeah! Everyone had Men With Hats.

Well, the thing is today, there aren't many people with records players, or who like Men With Hats, so they are kind of hard to sell at any price. What record collectors want today are weird obscure things that didn't sell and no one heard of. Do you have any records by Boscoe?

No. But I know John Denver is dead, that must be worth something.

^ I've had that conversation many times.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I love playing crappy records. Im thinking about starting a dollar bin only dj night.

this already exists in my hometown. only thing is they arent aware its a dollar bin only night.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    When you were a kid did you know anyone with a record player?

Yeah! Everyone I knew had a record player.

And did any of them have Men With Hats?

Oh yeah! Everyone had Men With Hats.

Well, the thing is today, there aren't many people with records players, or who like Men With Hats, so they are kind of hard to sell at any price. What record collectors want today are weird obscure things that didn't sell and no one heard of. Do you have any records by Boscoe?

No. But I know John Denver is dead, that must be worth something.

^ I've had that conversation many times.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    wow! congrats on your come-up!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Errr... I think that Men With Hats should be Men At Work. Or just make it Elton John.