My Banker Rocks Doubles

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
So I was talking to my banker the other day and he knows that I collect records. So he asks if I would take some of his old vinyl. We're trying to close a deal so to be nice I say sure I'll take them of his hands. Foolio dropped off mad heat (plus a Marantz turntable), including certified late 70s, early 80s pop rock doubles almost assuredly used in some insane Delta Kappa Epsilon beat juggling contest at Oregon State University circa '85. Check the pics you will be amazed.At least now I have a clean copy of Devil Went Down To Georgia thanks to the Urban Cowboy OST. WHo the fuck has two copies of Bad Girls? It's a double LP. When you wear out one disc just switch over to the next one, sayin. I'm surprised a bag of coke didn't fall out of the Elton Greatest Hit 2 sleeve.The complete Elton John, I'm half way there.80's heat. Dude must have been a bitch before he got his MBA.Respect the Rafferty follow up rarity "Night Owl". Dan are you paying attention? Shit is beyond deep. Eddie Murphy gets all adult on your ass. I will spare you the Linda Ronstandt greatest hits (vol I and II) and the various other turds lurking in the chardonnay boxes these arrived in. But as you all have already surmised there's always one piece of hidden treasure in a collection as bad as this. Banker Man was no exception.Wait For ItPS these are all for sale, holler at yer boy.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Ewwwwww!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    looks like the same line-up as the box of records i found on garbage day one time.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    looks like the same line-up as the box of records i found on garbage day one time.

If you stop by my place next Tuesday, then you may experience deja vu.

Motherfucker told me he held back the Elton cause he thought it might be worth something someday. I guess the jokes on me. Dude better be offering 500k unencumbered at prime or he is gonna be hearing about this in the future.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    We're trying to close a deal

Was it worth it ??? Did you get your deal ???

Peace
    Hawkeye

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Hey Rockefeller, those are dollar bin records. if cameras still used film, id say taking those pictures was a waste of it.

wait

for

it

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Dude better be offering 500k CUCUMBERS at prime or he is gonna be hearing about this in the future.

It's a Farmers Market....Buy high, sell low.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    the chardonnay boxes these arrived in.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I'm paying attention. You better not bring those around the Night Owl.

Was he expecting you to pay for them?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I'm paying attention. You better not bring those around the Night Owl.

Was he expecting you to pay for them?

They were a "gift". Dude thought we were bonding. Dan I think you need Night Owl in your life. Slababa, if those records (combined) are worth a dollar i'd eat my hat. In a prescient moment, my 21 month old son sauntered over to the box, pulled out Huey Lewis' "Sports", unsleeved the vinyl and proceeded to trample it. SHit was offending even his barely formed artistic sensibilities. As for the deal, like the magic 8 ball used to day, "prospects are good".

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    but sports aint about the pleasures of conformity or the importance of trends

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    that og first issue Swing Out Sister is cool clued-up 80's pop at its best - I ride heartily for that.
    Brrrrrrrrreakouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!

may even get you $5 on ebay

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    that og first issue Swing Out Sister is cool clued-up 80's pop at its best - I ride heartily for that.
    Brrrrrrrrreakouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!

may even get you $5 on ebay

Damn, now I gonna have to listen to it.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    "Driver's Seat" is a nice groove on that Sniff n' the Tears. I like.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    And there's just no knockin' the purity of Gord's Gold ...

Im not sayin that I love you
    Im not sayin that Ill care if you love me
    Im not sayin that Ill care
    Im not sayin Ill be there when you want me
    I cant give my heart to you
    Or tell you that Ill sing your name up to the sky
    I cant lay the promise down
    That Ill always be around when you need me

Now I may not be alone each time you see me
    Along the street or in a small cafe
    But still I wont deny or mistreat you
    Baby if you let me have my way

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Not pictured was Croce's greatest, which got instant spin. "Minute by Minute" is cued up for later today.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    And let's not forget the Yacht Rock staple that is Bread's "Baby I'm-A Want You".

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    don't look over the fact that Midnight Love is lurking in there.

• DAMN BOY doubles of those lionel richies!!! not to mention that Eddie Murphy, is that the one with Party All the Time? You got some heat.....ha-ha

• I got all those gems chillin in my office right now (including an all important complete collection of all post '77 Chicago albums) - a gift. FROM MY BOSS.

Hijack.

Seriously, I spoke on this a long time ago on here in a different post. What do you do when someone "finds out" you collect records and then find it necessary to unload all their garage fodder in your lap thinking you would be thankful?

What do you say when they ask if "..any of those worth anything?", knowing their heart is just gushing with hope that they had the hot shit for you?

Sure, some of you on here will have some toughguy "gtfohwts" response, but in the REAL WORLD when someone is honestly trying to be nice, how do you deflect with integrity?

Can we get a REAL WORLD graemlin?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    I got all those gems chillin in my office right now (including an all important complete collection of all post '77 Chicago albums) - a gift. FROM MY BOSS.

Hijack.

Seriously, I spoke on this a long time ago on here in a different post. What do you do when someone "finds out" you collect records and then find it necessary to unload all their garage fodder in your lap thinking you would be thankful?

What do you say when they ask if "..any of those worth anything?", knowing their heart is just gushing with hope that they had the hot shit for you?

Sure, some of you on here will have some toughguy "gtfohwts" response, but in the REAL WORLD when someone is honestly trying to be nice, how do you deflect with integrity?

my old boss gave me a box of records. king crimson for days, lots of cool 70s rock stuff. the best one was "breaking in" by the outlaw blues band.

my aunt gave me a box of records once that contained superfly, shaft, a sealed truck turner ost, that black oak arkansas break, babe ruth with the mexican and some other delights that i was happy to get in 92.

my ex in high school gave me her records too. lots of 80s hits, cult, crowded house, inxs for days as well as a nation of millions, the cactus album, and an array of cool 12" singles....

i will always take free records. i get some crap but some cool stuff too....

• I got all those gems chillin in my office right now (including an all important complete collection of all post '77 Chicago albums) - a gift. FROM MY BOSS.

Hijack.

my old boss gave me a box of records. king crimson for days, lots of cool 70s rock stuff. the best one was "breaking in" by the outlaw blues band.

my aunt gave me a box of records once that contained superfly, shaft, a sealed truck turner ost, that black oak arkansas break, babe ruth with the mexican and some other delights that i was happy to get in 92.

my ex in high school gave me her records too. lots of 80s hits, cult, crowded house, inxs for days as well as a nation of millions, the cactus album, and an array of cool 12" singles....

i will always take free records. i get some crap but some cool stuff too....

For sure. Free records are free records - I guess the question is, how can you flip through offer free records and still reject them (or just cherry pick the box) with some tact?

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    I love playing crappy records. Im thinking about starting a dollar bin only dj night.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I love playing crappy records. Im thinking about starting a dollar bin only dj night.

this already exists in my hometown. only thing is they arent aware its a dollar bin only night.

• I love playing crappy records. Im thinking about starting a dollar bin only dj night.

this already exists in my hometown. only thing is they arent aware its a dollar bin only night.

ha

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    say how come no one's ever come with the alias "Dollar Bin Laden"?

too soon?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Only thing of interest is "Sexual Healing"...
    But seriously doubles of "Dancing On The Ceiling"

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts

Yea I guess the distinction has to be made that these are records YOU'D put in a dollar bin... not records you found in a dollar bin or at a yard sale for a dollar. Or I donno... is the point to have it be all records worth a dollar? Or would it just kinda be to promote everyone bringing out new shit each week on like a 20-30 dollar budget.

What were they playing at the one you were talking about?

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I got all those gems chillin in my office right now (including an all important complete collection of all post '77 Chicago albums) - a gift. FROM MY BOSS.

Hijack.

i've been through that situation a coule of times out of which 2 people asked me if i could transfer the records to MP3 files in exchange....

Let's just say I couldn't refuse my stepfather's request but was able to slip away from the other one.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Naw, you absolutely got to be honest on this one--otherwise they're going to think you actually owe them a favor for acting as thier dumpster.