PA = Game Over?

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Barack Obama 45Hillary Clinton 43Barack Obama has taken the lead in Pennsylvania, a remarkable turnaround after trailing Hillary Clinton by 26 points in a PPP poll in the state just two and a half weeks ago.http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2008/04/obama-takes-lead-in-pennsylvania.html

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm in this til the end...get back here and fight you coward....

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    If the democratic campaign has taught you anything other than how to dodge sniper fire or hate white america, its that you can't even begin to believe a poll until after the votes have come in.

with that said, i think if Obama wins or ties in PA, enough super delegates will believe that the gig is up for Hillary and will move towards electing that dude.

i can also say i am about 95% burnt out on this election right now, and am not looking forward to another round of pre-election hate that will start probably next week.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    If the democratic campaign has taught you anything other than how to dodge sniper fire or hate white america, its that you can't even begin to believe a poll until after the votes have come in.

i can also say i am about 95% burnt out on this election right now, and am not looking forward to another round of pre-election hate that will start probably next week.

Does this mean you're tired of hating "White America"??

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Hardly....in fact i just threw out my girlfriends Friends DVD and Simon & Garfunkel box sets just to make sure she knew where I still stand when it comes to the blue eyed devils.

Hardly....in fact i just threw out my girlfriends Friends DVD and Simon & Garfunkel box sets just to make sure she knew where I still stand when it comes to the blue eyed devils.

Dude...you allowed "Friends" DVD's in your home to start with??

We see who wears the pants in the family.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Barack Obama 45
    Hillary Clinton 43

Barack Obama has taken the lead in Pennsylvania, a remarkable turnaround after trailing Hillary Clinton by 26 points in a PPP poll in the state just two and a half weeks ago.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2008/04/obama-takes-lead-in-pennsylvania.html

its your funeral.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Barack Obama 45
    Hillary Clinton 43

Barack Obama has taken the lead in Pennsylvania, a remarkable turnaround after trailing Hillary Clinton by 26 points in a PPP poll in the state just two and a half weeks ago.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2008/04/obama-takes-lead-in-pennsylvania.html

Can this be trusted? I am skeptical that the PA race will be a blowout for Hillary, but I can't believe she has petered out that badly in the last week-week and a half. Something doesn't seem right....

I mean, I want to believe it, but I just can't.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Barack Obama 45
    Hillary Clinton 43

its your funeral.

Isn't it a funeral either way, according to you?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    and cue Mccain age related joke

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    cue democrats repeatedly nominating unelectable candidates for executive office and then being shocked ... shocked i say, when they lose. joke

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    are you actually supporting mccain, or just hoping a democrat doesn't win?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This schitz has got to stop. No one is dropping out of the race until after Oregon votes in May.

We decide!

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Rather funny/ironic that Florida and Michigan illegitimately moved their primaries forward because the earliest primaries "decide" the race.

Rather funny/ironic that Florida and Michigan illegitimately moved their primaries forward because the earliest primaries "decide" the race.

You would think, that by now, Florida would be use to having their votes not count.

You would think, that by now, Florida would be use to having their votes not count.

Touche!

But seriously, its amazing how short our attention spans seem to be when it comes to presidential elections. Like all of the people who voted for Nader because there was "no difference" between the candidates of the major parties. They took for granted the positives of Clinton's eight years as presidente. Now people are energized to prevent a Republican president at any cost, but would they still be if there was a Democrat president for another eight years? Our voting machines and State election systems are a shambles because the presidential election only comes around every four years. Its as if time moved slower when our system of government was created and now we are suffering because we lack the foresight to plan as amny as four years ahead.

I said this a while back, but I will say it again. When I was a kid the candidate was picked at the convention. No one knew who would be the candidate until the convention was over. I was looking forward to that kind of convention again, but everyone is screaming it must be decided before then. They are talking about a superdelgate convention in June or July to settle things. GOOHWTBS!

• Barack Obama 45
    Hillary Clinton 43

Can this be trusted? I am skeptical that the PA race will be a blowout for Hillary, but I can't believe she has petered out that badly in the last week-week and a half. Something doesn't seem right....

I mean, I want to believe it, but I just can't.

This is one of a few recent polls that have shown Hillary's lead shrinking to single digits but this one is by far the most extreme. The only other poll I found for this one service in Pennsylvania had Hillary up by 26 points on March 16th.

I said this a while back, but I will say it again. When I was a kid the candidate was picked at the convention. No one knew who would be the candidate until the convention was over. I was looking forward to that kind of convention again, but everyone is screaming it must be decided before then. They are talking about a superdelgate convention in June or July to settle things. GOOHWTBS!

Why not all of the primaries on the same date? There is probably a good reason, but I can't think of it. It seems like the eventual candidate would be in a better position (financially at least) for the general election if the primary wasn't allowed to degenerate into a bloodbath.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I'm saying this could be really interesting. If the convention actually mattered versus being a rubberstamp. I know the arguments against dragging this out until Denver, but it would make for a MUCH more interesting event.

Why not all of the primaries on the same date? There is probably a good reason, but I can't think of it. It seems like the eventual candidate would be in a better position (financially at least) for the general election if the primary wasn't allowed to degenerate into a bloodbath.

The thinking is it forces the candidates to meet people one on one at the spaghetti dinner level. Which seems like a good idea. Turns out when people meet Joe Biden or Rudy Guilianni they don't like them as much as they do when they see them on tv or read their bio.

Here is the lamest part about Iowa first, because of Iowa first we have decided to take a food crop, that is raised using massive amounts of energy and petro-fertilizers, and make alcohol out of it to run cars, and subsidize the whole thing with federal dollars. If Florida was first it would be sugar cane, and if North Caroline was first it would be pine needles we were turning into alcohol, either of which would make more sense than corn.

The thinking is it forces the candidates to meet people one on one at the spaghetti dinner level. Which seems like a good idea. Turns out when people meet Joe Biden or Rudy Guilianni they don't like them as much as they do when they see them on tv or read their bio.

This does make sense. Also with a simultaneous nationwide primary the candidates would probably spend most of their time in the states with the most delegates at the expense of those with less. That said, it does seem that the first primary states get an inordinate amount of emphasis. Voters in New Hampshire and Iowa get all of the spaghetti dinners, and here in Oregon we are lucky to get a can of spaghetti-o's flung across the border from California. Maybe this year will be different.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    are you actually supporting mccain, or just hoping a democrat doesn't win?
    I'd like to hear sabadaba's answer to this since all of his posts simply clown the dems yet he hasn't at one point suggested why someone should vote for McCain

• http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008804030466

"As former President Bill Clinton was extolling his wife's credentials, Obama's campaign office in Bloomington began giving away tickets to Sunday's Dave Matthews concert at Assembly Hall.

Jason Schechtman, 19, Deerfield, Ill., a student at IU, got his tickets about 8 p.m. after waiting more than three hours.

"I was leaning toward Obama, but this sealed the deal for sure," he said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008804030466

"As former President Bill Clinton was extolling his wife's credentials, Obama's campaign office in Bloomington began giving away tickets to Sunday's Dave Matthews concert at Assembly Hall.

Jason Schechtman, 19, Deerfield, Ill., a student at IU, got his tickets about 8 p.m. after waiting more than three hours.

"I was leaning toward Obama, but this sealed the deal for sure," he said.

If they are giving away tickets to a commercial Dave Matthews concert, that sounds like vote buying to me. If Dave Matthews is doing a campaign event for Obama, the story should have made that clear.