John Cardiel has records!

snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
For anyone that skated in the 90's and early 00's John Cardiel was a super influence. He had his own style skating and went fast non-stop. He was also one of the 1st to start dressing punk, with pulled up socks and flannel shirts. He looked so punk and hardcore you wouldn't believe he is a hardcore reggae collector. Check the video, he has stacks of LP's and hundreds of 45's (it's near the beginning if you don't like him)Check it!

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    oops. sorry. that dude does remind me of my cousing tho who (luckily) hasn't been hit a truck.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    he got totally ran over by a semi in aussie
    he is lucky he can walk and talk
    poor dude

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    dude's a beast!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    He was also one of the 1st to start dressing punk, with pulled up socks and flannel shirts.

Cardiel is real nice on the board but as a skater from the 80's, this just isn't true. I take it you're not from SoCal. Ever heard of Venice?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    That Barrington Levy lp is a tough pull.
    Good to see he's up and around.
    Dude is gnarly!

• Options
    Cardiel was the handrail master back in day!. Check his parts in H-Street's Hocus Pocus.

Cardiel was the handrail master back in day!. Check his parts in H-Street's Hocus Pocus.

Hokus Pokus

• Options

Thanks!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

dope! i spent hours upon hours watching this video.

thanks for posting the link!

• Yep, I was sad to see this 16-parter over.

Cardiel might be the gnarliest dude ever on the board.
    Padless backflips on vert? Yow!

Dude's parts in Sight Unseen and Fucktards are pretty amazing, too.

• Options
    How good was the soundtracks on those H-Street videos?
    Brings back so many memories.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Sick snowboarder too. He was the first person I ever saw do that back flip plus frontside 360 thing the kids do (basically a 360 flip with your whole damned body).

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    He was also one of the 1st to start dressing punk, with pulled up socks and flannel shirts.

Cardiel is real nice on the board but as a skater from the 80's, this just isn't true. I take it you're not from SoCal. Ever heard of Venice?

No sorry, I meant that in a time where everyone in EMB and SF was wearing size 52 purple Blind jeans and riding 41mm wheels, doing double flips to everything. He was dressing different, like when he won SOTY.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    that 360 melon in the beginning is a life melter.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Yep, I was sad to see this 16-parter over.

Cardiel might be the gnarliest dude ever on the board.
    Padless backflips on vert? Yow!

epicly later'd is definitely worth checkin every few weeks.

honestly though, i got out of skating quite a few years ago (just gettin back into it now thank god)and apparently i missed any and all coverage of dude's accident. i was amazed at how happy and upbeat he seemed. and then so see him drop in a hit that fs grind in the last episode was pretty intense too. nobody wasn't influenced by cardiel. he's the reason why i ride every cement park i can.

• ..never knew about his wax..thats dope..dude was/is the definition of gnagnar on a board..

No sorry, I meant that in a time where everyone in EMB and SF was wearing size 52 purple Blind jeans and riding 41mm wheels, doing double flips to everything. He was dressing different, like when he won SOTY.

Oh, ok, I feel you.