Microwave without SN - Yay or Nay

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
Hi Strutters,just quick, I need an opinion on the following problem:I bought a new microwave from A German seller who advertised it on ebay as coming "with serial number". Now I got it and it is a US-Import without a serial number, as of course the seller is not allowed to sell imports. The problem is, I really need it this week and he assured me that he will give me a 3 year guarantee on it. Should I go for it (it is new and they just peeled off the serial numbers) or should I go through all the hassle with ebay, sending back, waiting for money etc? On the one hand I doubt that with these kind of practices the seller will stay in business in the next 3 years, but he is selling lots of mv's so who knows. On the other hand, who on here had a microwave box that had problems after a few months or years? Usually you have to smash it real hard so that it doesn't work no more, or not? I dunno what to do?! puleeze help....

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I've never really seen a microwave box or heard of one Frickin' up...

considering all the Frickin' around, I'd just bite the bullet and keep it. I didn't even fill out my registration when I got mine new, so I'm probably fucked if mine fucks up anyhow...

my advice - KEEP IT.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    thanks B*v for pointing in the direction I also wanna go now. Just not sure what to do with the seller, as he was straight lying about all this. maybe I give him a big fat neg. I should be safe as ebay changed the rules of giving neg's to buyers or not?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    thanks B*v for pointing in the direction I also wanna go now. Just not sure what to do with the seller, as he was straight lying about all this. maybe I give him a big fat neg. I should be safe as ebay changed the rules of giving neg's to buyers or not?

well, damaging his rep aint exactly helping him stay in business longer if you are worried about him not being around if something effs up with it, nor will it make him willing to help if he does intend to help you in case of a problem

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    keep it for sure

and.....

and....

Chargeback!

well, damaging his rep aint exactly helping him stay in business longer if you are worried about him not being around if something effs up with it, nor will it make him willing to help if he does intend to help you in case of a problem

Nah, I am not willing after all this now -even when the box breaks- to send it back to him. I will send to some other guy to fix it in case (knock on wood). How do I do it with the chargeback? You mean, I just keep it and blow him up on ebay ?

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Ebay sellers hate chargebacks. It is a function through paypal where you can get your money back in case of fraud/issues surrounding a sale. Ebay/paypal does little to investigate the claims and gives the buyer their money back, or a partial refund.

Ebay sellers hate chargebacks. It is a function through paypal where you can get your money back in case of fraud/issues surrounding a sale. Ebay/paypal does little to investigate the claims and gives the buyer their money back, or a partial refund.

yeah, and i checked and although i didnt pay with paypal i am still covered by ebay as they only changed rules 7 days after i won the bid. but then i have to send it back or not? or should i just go for it, send nothing back but get the money? i doubt that it will work though... anyone ever did this and wants to put himself on blast (aka french boogie buyers step up in here )