WHOA

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
this old dude who is prolly my favorite dude to sell records to, just gave me about 12 west coast cool jazz and r&b acetates. oh man this shit is nice. what do i do with it? there arent many names on the actual records, some titles of songs but im having trouble figuring out what is what. help plaese!

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i know i probably couldn't help but you know this board is full of knowledgeable people

can you throw up some mp3 clips?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i am not capable of doing so. plus some of them are at 78. i will see what i can do about transfering them.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I would post whatever bits of info you have off the records (and from the guy) then watch our jaws drop as a couple dudes tell you everything you ever wanted to know including the name of the back up vocalists cat.

ok, this first one is on presto recording corporation out of paramus, nj. it doesnt have anyone's name on it. its a acetate. it sounds like harmonica blues. and its at 33 1/3 so i can actually get an idea of what it is. it is definately blues. the tracks written on the label in pencil are
    harpers express
    the return
    lady had the blues
    and now i know
    id give my soul away

thats all the info on it.

these next 2 are on the music man complete recording service. it jsut says max albright album pt 1, 2, 3, 4. its definately west coast cool jazz thing and its at 33 1/3. its ok, i like how oldtimey it sounds.

ok i'll put up the others tomorrow.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    scuse me, didnt see this thread the first time it ran:

ok, this first one is on presto recording corporation out of paramus, nj. it doesnt have anyone's name on it. its a acetate. it sounds like harmonica blues. and its at 33 1/3 so i can actually get an idea of what it is. it is definately blues. the tracks written on the label in pencil are
    harpers express
    the return
    lady had the blues
    and now i know
    id give my soul away

thats all the info on it.

If you haven't found out by now, I think this MAY be the Harper-Brinson Band.

They had a single on Specialty, "Harper's Express" b/w "Harper's Return".

crazy! i just gave these things away a few weeks ago! artist dude that loves blues 78s. he was happy and they have a good home.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Ha, cool! So if he asks who did the harmonica blues record, now you'll have something to tell him (assuming I'm right)...