the Rockefeller perspective re:media

Rod_TorfulsonRod_Torfulson 464 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine, and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But the world is now more sophistcated and prepared to march towards world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodeterminism practiced in past centuries[/b] ."David Rockefeller, speaking to the Trilateral Commision, June 1991

Comments

• Source??

• i just pulled it out of a *gasp* conspiracy book. I've read that particular quote a number of different places.

Here is a good one from Edward Bernays:
    "The conscious and intelligent manipulation of organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in a democratic society. Those who manipulate
    this unseen mechanism constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power in this country."

• i just pulled it out of a *gasp* conspiracy book. I've read that particular quote a number of different places.

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in a democratic society. Those who manipulate
    this unseen mechanism constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power in this country."

I'd still like to see a "reputable" source.

That second quote is interesting. I don't agree that it's "an important element in a democratic society". Damaging or dangerous, but not "important".

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Damaging and dangerous, possibly "important".

REAL TALK

LIZARD TALK

ROTHSCHILD TALK

SAYING

• The quote infers complicity from the reputable sources, so perhaps that will be an impossibility. Bernays was one of the first heads of CBS. He also wrote a couple books, one of which is called Engineering Public Consent.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    FREE ARCHAIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]