Sean Levert dies in Jail

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
In jail for not paying child support and he dies! WTF! Fuck the jail/legal system!Peace and Love to the Levert family! 2 lost sons in 2 years. RIP!------------------------------------------CLEVELAND (AP) -- Singer Sean Levert, son of lead O'Jays singer Eddie Levert and brother of the late R&B singer Gerald Levert, has died after a medical emergency in jail. He was 39.Levert was sent to jail last week for failing to pay child support and died late Sunday night at Lutheran Hospital in Cleveland, said coroner Frank Miller.Search for more on LevertView results for:Sean LevertSean Levert MusicLevert familyMiller said an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.Gerald Levert was 40 when he died in 2006 of an accidental mix of prescription and over-the-counter drugs.The Levert brothers and childhood friend Marc Gordon were part of the R&B trio LeVert. Their hits included "(Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop) Goes My Mind" and "Casanova."

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    strap your dick or pay your child support and you might not end up in jail...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Huh?

My point is that the jail system can't take care of people when they have a medical problem and the fact that people are dying when they are in for child support is doo-doo.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

wow...dudes be on some real stupid shit sometimes.

R.I.P. Sean

If you owe so much that you have to be locked up then you either need to not have kids or wear a condom... what dont you get stupid? I hate backward ass logic... everything is somebody else's fault but mine. Reactive ass thought instead of proactive... ofcourse it a shame that dude died, I get that.

R.I.P. Sean

You would know... fat ass dude probably had a heart attack.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    If you owe so much that you have to be locked up then you either need to not have kids or wear a condom... what dont you get stupid? I hate backward ass logic... everything is somebody else's fault but mine. Reactive ass thought instead of proactive... ofcourse it a shame that dude died, I get that.

This is Soulstrut where everything is blamed on "the man" man.

This place is a regular "White Boys Gone Wild" in between trips to the dry cleaners and Smoothie King.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Dude you're so right, he really deserved to die for not paying child support.

GTFOHWTBS.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    just because he died IN jail, it does not mean he died BECAUSE OF jail.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Logic 101

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

R.I.P. Sean

yo honestly if dude was that much of a fuckin deadbeat that his ass ended up in JAIL for it? fuck him.

My future stepson has one worthless ass father that should be in the same place and I hope he falls off the face of the earth sometime soon after I adopt his kid and do all the shit his ass should be doing. Fuck a deadbeat dad

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

WTF you know about child support law brah? You know how hard it is for a man to get custody these days?

You know how long it takes to get child support payment reduced after you loose your baller job? My boy is going on 3 years of bringing home $150 a month while paying enough child support to float a mortgage and no work for the baby momma. NO DIVORCE INVOLVED.

Shut ya mouth.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Logic 101

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc - beatches.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Logic 101

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc - beatches.

Latin for douchebags...102!

• Options

R.I.P. Sean

Dogs,

Regardless of the circumstances, this cat passed away. One of the sons of one the greatest Soul vocalists died. That's the first thing that should come to mind.

As fucked up James Brown was while he was alive, I would still think you'd focus on the contributions he made to the game.

In the meantime apply your logic to any of your favorite artists while your on your sandcastle soapbox talkin some ole str8 EVIL hattery.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts

WTF you know about child support law brah? You know how hard it is for a man to get custody these days?

You know how long it takes to get child support payment reduced after you loose your baller job? My boy is going on 3 years of bringing home $150 a month while paying enough child support to float a mortgage and no work for the baby momma. NO DIVORCE INVOLVED.

Shut ya mouth.

How does anyone work for 150 a month? Does he work like 5 hours a week at blockbuster?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    delete

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    My boy is going on 3 years of bringing home $150 a month while paying enough child support to float a mortgage and no work for the baby momma. NO DIVORCE INVOLVED.

How does anyone work for 150 a month? Does he work like 5 hours a week at blockbuster?

Read much?

He was paying about $3000 a month in child support and that left him with $150 a month in spending. All because the child support was based on his previous job where he was making about $6000 a month.

Got it?

I know many more dads fucked over by the system than single moms. It's not 1970 anymore.

Not sayin, just sayin.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    My boy is going on 3 years of bringing home $150 a month while paying enough child support to float a mortgage and no work for the baby momma. NO DIVORCE INVOLVED.

Read much?

He was paying about $3000 a month in child support and that left him with $150 a month in spending. All because the child support was based on his previous job where he was making about $6000 a month.

Got it?

I know many more dads fucked over by the system than single moms. It's not 1970 anymore.

Not sayin, just sayin.

I know far too much about child custody from the fathers POV. Not that it should make a difference but a deadbeat dad is a deadbeat dad. I don't know what the particulars of Leverts case are but I'd assume that some sort of understanding could be reached before you end up being incarcerated for failure to pay child support. Effort counts in these matters

Sad that a man died, but even sadder that a kid had to be raised without a dad contributing to his life the way a father should

• I know many more dads fucked over by the system than single moms. It's not 1970 anymore.

Not sayin, just sayin.

b/w

Sad that a man died, but even sadder that a kid had to be raised without a dad contributing to his life the way a father should

Now that the father passed, the kid now has less options.

"Now Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah!!!!!!1" Justice served. Save the Children.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP