BabyStrut: Teething

doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
So my angelic litte boy has turned into a bit of a bruiser...And we are now in the midst of teething hell. Neither my girl or I have slept much in the past 4/5 days as a result.... the usual medications don't seem to be helping lil' ole Salvador... (or his parents for that matter).Tips?

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    is that one of his fresh kills he's lying on?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    from exp, you got to just power through. Chew toys anc pain medication can help but if it doesn't, then it becomes a waiting game. You and wifey should find a way to stagger sleep so the two of you can get some rest

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    great place to ask about raising babies: a record collecting/dj forum.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Yeah man, he is VG+ at best.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

obviously (avatar) i'm a bit biased, but there are some smart, informed, friendly parents on here. soulstrut has been especially kid-friendly as of late. i remember when ako was the only kid that was talked about.

• great place to ask about raising babies: a record collecting/dj forum.

obviously (avatar) i'm a bit biased, but there are some smart, informed, friendly parents on here. soulstrut has been especially kid-friendly as of late. i remember when ako was the only kid that was talked about.

Yeah, but which Strutter is his D*d??

You sound childless.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    so childless.

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts

There are actually people here who have sex... with real girls. Sal is my most prized raer. Actually my only raer. You'd prefer another thread about which neddles to use?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    shiiit, i wish i could find it, i posted about teething a few months back and there was some serious papastrut knowledge dropped in that thread.

We found that Oragel is the best medication (B/W baby Nurofen - Panadol didnt help)

putting the chewtoy in the freezer first gave my little man something cool and numbing to gnaw on.

I feel your pain, nothing on earth compares to the feeling of utter helplessness as you hold a screaming child at 4am.

Oragel =

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    rum,

im serious.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Makers Mark, Anbasol, Kiddy Motrin ... obviously in trace amounts... has worked for us in the past. Teething stage is NOT fun. Thank the lord I'm done with it for good.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    shiiit, i wish i could find it, i posted about teething a few months back and there was some serious papastrut knowledge dropped in that thread.

We found that Oragel is the best medication (B/W baby Nurofen - Panadol didnt help)

putting the chewtoy in the freezer first gave my little man something cool and numbing to gnaw on.

I feel your pain, nothing on earth compares to the feeling of utter helplessness as you hold a screaming child at 4am.

Oragel =

The paracetamol based meds never seem to work for my kids either.... Yeah, a nice, cold straight-from-the-fridge teething ring is the main weapon. Course, you spend half the time picking carpet fibres off the thing since it gets dropped every 42 seconds.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Course, you spend half the time picking carpet fibres off the thing since it gets dropped every 42 seconds.

Course, you spend half the time picking carpet fibres off the thing since it gets dropped every 42 seconds.

When Ella was really young, we owned this red carpet from Ikea that was in our family room - that f---er shed more than a cat. Simply terrible. We'd have red fluff on everything.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Take a washcloth, roll it up, and dip half of it in water. Put it in the freezer for half an hour, take it out, and let the boy chew on that until it gets warm again. Better that than frozen chew toys which bother the baby's hands. For night time relief a homeopathic teething gel (I forget the name) worked best for us, and we tried them all. Good luck.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    These things where like a miracle in a can for us...and orajel