Who here juices?

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I got myself one of those heavy duty Champion juicers. The thing a monster!I'm new to this but yo I am HOOKED! Delicious! You can juice anything! This thing will even make peanut butter.One thing I've learned is that carrot juice makes me fart like a mofo. And I mean MONSTER farts.Got any juicing tips? Seems like you can combine anything and it'll taste good. I've been messing with apples, oranges, beets, carrots, cucumbers, ginger, garlic, parsley.. what else should I try?It ain't cheap though. You go through that stuff with a quickness. But it tastes so damn good!

Comments

• for sure. I dont own a juicer but the health spot down the street makes some bomb juice. anyone here do wheatgrass shots? I just ask for everything but onions and drink it down. makes you feel good as hell.

but be advised if youre substituting this for your vegetable intake youre not getting the fiber which is really good for your system.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    my fave is Granny Smith Apples (2 large) 8 Carrots and Piece of ginger about the size of your thumb and half a lemon....spicy and tasty...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

"I MEAN REAL MONSTER FOTS!!!!"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

grapefruits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I ain't kidding man.

I woke myself up the other night!

I hear that if you drink too much carrot juice you'll end up looking like this guy:

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    so like is there a juicer that does citrus and other?

it seems like you need the metal chopping type juicer or the citrus squeezer type juicer.

they now make joints that do both? school me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I hear that if you drink too much carrot juice you'll end up looking like this guy:

I had a teacher in high school that drop pills to get his Red Tan on.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    ha

The giants removed all of Bonds images/tributes from Pacbell park the other day

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3315212

that's got to be a little embarrassing.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I was waiting for that one. I thought of pre-empting. The thread title was screaming for a Bonds pic. I don't think that Indian dude is juicing though.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I had a teacher in high school that drop pills to get his Red Tan on.

my girl said when she was little, she was such a freak for carrot sticks she turned orange, she ate them constantly..her folks freaked and thought she had liver problems and was jaundiced

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• so like is there a juicer that does citrus and other?

it seems like you need the metal chopping type juicer or the citrus squeezer type juicer.

This Champion one that I have can juice anything. You can literally put peanuts in it and make peanut butter. Drop a potato in there! You can juice a chunk of pineapple in there with the skin (which apparently isn't bad for you).

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    beet, carrot, kale and ginger here!

And it is true about carrots. I worked as a Barista for years, and this beautiful lady would order her large (32 oz) carrot juice everyday. Over time, this woman turned yellow! But she kept ordering it...I wonder if she still does.

Are carrots addicting?? WTF?

I've also heard that farts are good for you, but I wouldn't know that cause im a girl

• so like is there a juicer that does citrus and other?

This Champion one that I have can juice anything. You can literally put peanuts in it and make peanut butter. Drop a potato in there! You can juice a chunk of pineapple in there with the skin (which apparently isn't bad for you).

Haha! I'm picturing Secret Chimp with his own 30-minute infomercial in which he juices things like, well, potatoes, peanuts and pineapple skin ("It's not bad for you!").

He could bring out Mingering Mike and make a glass of Mingering Ging-er: apple juice with ginger. "Fake Records, Real Vitamins!"

• Hahaha!

I am pumped! But not as pumped as homie in that video up there! The Juice Weasel!

• I've also heard that farts are good for you

Good for me, maybe.. but not good for you!

but I wouldn't know that cause im a girl

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    You can juice a chunk of pineapple in there with the skin (which apparently isn't bad for you).

I'm not buying that! Unless you have tried it and didn't end up with a bloody mouth. This better be one hell of a juicer that turns those little razor blades on pineapple skin to liquid.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    [

I wish I had the room for this thing. I need a juicer back in my life.

How is it to clean? Do you just have to clean the front parts? I had this little juiceman Jr. a while back and it was compact but it was a bitch to clean.

But man, I used to make pineapple/strawberry juice before I hit the club and that shit kept me energized. fuck a Red Bull.

• It is kind of big and heavy.

You snap off the front pieces, which is 4 different parts. Pretty much I just rinse them off and give a quick scrub. Not too much of a pain. But it is really easy to make a mess with this thing.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

You snap off the front pieces, which is 4 different parts. Pretty much I just rinse them off and give a quick scrub. Not too much of a pain. But it is really easy to make a mess with this thing.

yeah, i know. Juicing with my old joint was always a production. the kitchen counter would look like Hostel part 3, especially if i was using red fruits.

If it doesn't have one of those mesh extractor parts then I'm bout it. That was always the worst thing with my old one. The plastic parts I could just put in the dishwasher, but the metal mesh filter thing had to be scrubbed by hand, like with my thumb, to get all the shit out.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

This is restaurant grade. Truly a beast. I believe they make these in my former hometown of Lodi, CA.

Here is something you've all been missing: Wait until summer comes, and cut the kernels off of some ears of corn. Juice the kernels, and then cook the juice in a sauce pot. The natural starches in the juice will result in a delicious corn pudding. Just add a pinch of salt, and you will love it.

• Sweet.

More plaese.

• You can juice a chunk of pineapple in there with the skin (which apparently isn't bad for you).

I'm not buying that! Unless you have tried it and didn't end up with a bloody mouth. This better be one hell of a juicer that turns those little razor blades on pineapple skin to liquid.

It's true!

I'm telling you, this thing can juice anything. It has this fine mesh screen that filters everything out so none of that stuff makes it in there. I don't know if you're supposed to do it. But I did and I'm still standing.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I thought this thread would be about steroids....