Shadows MidnightMix very specific question

kozzkozz 17 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I posted about this along time ago. Gonna try again. Sorry to repeat...Was listening to DJ Shadows Midnight Mix, which in the version I have is divided up into 5 tracks. The 5th track starts with this beautiful piece that my girlfriend and I have been marveling over. Its always been my fav cut on the mix. Can't place it at all. The closest I can get is that maybe its Kendra Smith's Opal band....but I have no way of referencing. Anyone know. It'd be appreciated.Its got a real 80's production style. Dark sounding female vocals. Chroused guit, Reverebed to hell drums.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I posted about this along time ago. Gonna try again. Sorry to repeat...

Was listening to DJ Shadows Midnight Mix, which in the version I have is divided up into 5 tracks. The 5th track starts with this beautiful piece that my girlfriend and I have been marveling over. Its always been my fav cut on the mix. Can't place it at all. The closest I can get is that maybe its Kendra Smith's Opal band....but I have no way of referencing. Anyone know. It'd be appreciated.

Its got a real 80's production style. Dark sounding female vocals. Chroused guit, Reverebed to hell drums.

wtf are you talking about? Midnight in a perfect world? 5 tracks?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm gonna have to assume this is referring to disc 2 of Diminishing Returns, don't know where this other title came from...

If so, check here (there is a link which reveals most/all within):

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=976836&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

• kozzkozz 17 Posts
    Someone's gotta know what I'm talking about ...its like a bonus cd or something that came with another record. its just a straight mix... I don't know anything about dj shadow so its hard to be specific.

Its great. ITs all weird psych and dark, west coast am pop, sounds like alot of private pressed records.

• kozzkozz 17 Posts
    Thats it. THank you...Looks like I need to find out about Red Temple Spirits...

Solved..

You can always count on this board for this sort of stuff...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Thats it. THank you...Looks like I need to find out about Red Temple Spirits...

Solved..

You can always count on this board for this short stuff...

Ah yes, the mystery 80s track on the 2nd disc of the Diminishing Returns mix.

Get your mix names straight!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

You can always count on this board for this short stuff...