Should I stay or should I go? Estate Sale Related

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Trying to decide whether or not I want to fight the grippers, book guys and other unwashed masses early tomorrow morning at an estate sale. I always try to read between the lines in the ads to determine what kind of records might be there (African mask collection=good, Kimball organ=not so good)Below is a portion of the ad for tomorrow. Should I ride or sleep? ...Limoge fish set. Mottahedeh. Lenox. Royal Dalton large Tobys. Hummels. Collectible Christmas plates. Fitz & Floyd nativity. Lots Christmas. Cup & saucer collection. Original art including signed John Ruthven. Mid-Eastern cloisonne lamps. Guitar, Gibson & Vega Litte Wonder Banjos, Flute, Sax. Clothing including vintage. Jewelry. Full kitchen. Wheelchair & more. Linens. Vinyl LPs. Republican memorabilia. Needlework. Quilts. Comp dolls. Elephant & rooster collections. Sterling tea set...

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Trying to decide whether or not I want to fight the grippers, book guys and other unwashed masses early tomorrow morning at an estate sale. I always try to read between the lines in the ads to determine what kind of records might be there (African mask collection=good, Kimball organ=not so good)
    Below is a portion of the ad for tomorrow.
    Should I ride or sleep?

...Limoge fish set. Mottahedeh. Lenox. Royal Dalton large Tobys. Hummels. Collectible Christmas plates. Fitz & Floyd nativity. Lots Christmas. Cup & saucer collection. Original art including signed John Ruthven. Mid-Eastern cloisonne lamps. Guitar, Gibson & Vega Litte Wonder Banjos, Flute, Sax. Clothing including vintage. Jewelry. Full kitchen. Wheelchair & more. Linens. Vinyl LPs. Republican memorabilia. Needlework. Quilts. Comp dolls. Elephant & rooster collections. Sterling tea set...

Dude, sleep.

Hummels + Republican Memoribilia + Banjo = crappy Vinyl LPs

just my gut talking.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Sounds like a good estate sale, I would end up looking at the others items not just the vinyl, might see some good stereo equipment.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    joe glazer for daze

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Quilts.

do it man

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Last 10 or so estate sales I went to were a total bust.

But then there was the Hoctor, Orion, Statler sale I stumbled upon. Fun!

At least your odds are better than they would be at a garage sale.

• Republican memorabilia.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Elephant & rooster collections.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Guitar, Gibson & Vega Litte Wonder Banjos, Flute, Sax.

CRAZY JAZZ RAERS AWAIT

OR NOT

• What Ruthven prints do you have for sale and what are the prices?

Thanks,
    jazzkids

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    What Ruthven prints do you have for sale and what are the prices?

Thanks,
    jazzkids

maybe you could score some of his plates!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Thanks,
    jazzkids

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts
    Estate sales yield better results when they hit then garage sales, but are a bigger pain in the ass, with all the professional grippage going on.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    So, Nevile C, did you got to the estate sale or what?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Thanks,
    jazzkids

Sorry you are late, but I bought the 3 Ruthven prints from him. I could sell them tou you though. What's your offer?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts