US ebay ballaz selling in euros or pounds

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
has anyone every done this? Any insight on the pros & cons? I'm about throw some heavy jawns and wondering what goes on.

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Ive never done it on ebay, but when I sell stuff on fryers and soulsource...its straight poundage baby...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I don't even know how to type a pound sign with my Americano keyboard.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    most euros know that the dollar is crazy low, so i dont think it matters that much.

having it in $ might even make it more attractive for euros?

but on the other hand i sell in ??.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    strictly sell in Amero's

• strictly sell in Amero's

Someone told me that they're proposing a N. American currency like the Euro.

If so, I think it should be called the Bama.

• Or the Scrilla.

• if i see an american seller claim euros i have to grade him as a greedy bastard, sorry for beiing rude...

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    strictly sell in Amero's

That's weird, would it just be the US and Canada? Cause I can't see the fed wanting to include Mexico or any South American countries. I'd be very surprised if anything like this happened at all though.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    If so, I think it should be called the STRIKE>Bama/STRIKE> Scratch.

[and i'm so serious about it]

naw but on another note, sometimes i do wish i sold crap in other currencies, or set items for sale outside of the US cause i just sold something last night for $115 to someone in NZ when i could have gotten more. but i just think of it like he got a real good deal, soooooo...no sweat i guess

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    if i see an american seller claim euros i have to grade him as a greedy bastard, sorry for beiing rude...

HA HA HA!

The irony...

• Man the weak dollar really hit home when I was in Amsterdam. Everything was like 3 times more expensive over there.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    if i see an american seller claim euros i have to grade him as a greedy bastard, sorry for beiing rude...

I hear ya - that's why the question was posed.

are cats who can't grade records equally greedy bastards?

• if i see an american seller claim euros i have to grade him as a greedy bastard, sorry for beiing rude...

you have to think that way:
    if someone from europe wants to buy records in these days of the weak dollar they wouldn??t buy it from someone from the states who claims euros.
    if you claim the dollar people from outside want your records and are willing to pay a bit more for them because they are cheapre than usual. if you want euros people will shun your ebay store...

• i don't see any differnce here, obviously the dollar is weak compared to the euro but why would that matter when selling, records usually sell for around the same price regardless which currency your selling in

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

you have to think that way:
    if someone from europe wants to buy records in these days of the weak dollar they wouldn??t buy it from someone from the states who claims euros.
    if you claim the dollar people from outside want your records and are willing to pay a bit more for them because they are cheapre than usual. if you want euros people will shun your ebay store...

Ebay shows the equivalent in my currency and that's enough info for me.
    I have a price I will pay and the currency is irrelevant.

HA HA HA!

The irony...

no shit...no fuggin shit. Please to 'splain yourself, asshurt euro dude...

HA HA HA!

The irony...

i??m just telling you from my point of view. how comes that you feel so offended?

HA HA HA!

The irony...

i??m just telling you from my point of view. how comes that you feel so offended?

Well because, euro dudes are looking to get good records that are hard to turn up in europe for cheap, not wanting to pay what they are worth...that is greedy, is it not? To get on a soapbox and essentially proclaim a seller as greedy because he is trying to get a good price for their records is ridiculous...its euro dudes that try and get 80 bucks for 2 dollar Bobby Bland 45s...americans are hardly the greedy ones when it comes to records...

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

HA HA HA!

The irony...

hey Million....
    Many Americans often feel asshurt and threatened by anyone who accuses them of anything, ever. Or questions their people, country, possessions etc etc. Or dares to have an opinion about them.
    Better to just walk away, and let whoever wants to beef get on with it by themselves......
    some of these guys could start an argument in an empty room.

Like I am doing now,

HA HA HA!

The irony...

Well because, euro dudes are looking to get good records that are hard to turn up in europe for cheap, not wanting to pay what they are worth...that is greedy, is it not? To get on a soapbox and essentially proclaim a seller as greedy because he is trying to get a good price for their records is ridiculous...its euro dudes that try and get 80 bucks for 2 dollar Bobby Bland 45s...americans are hardly the greedy ones when it comes to records...

the US seller will get his loot anyway. that doesn??t depend on how strong or weak the dollar is, right? people will spend depending on the currency more or less...

sounds like you was overbid by "euro dudes" too often, sorry for that...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Many Americans often feel asshurt and threatened by anyone who accuses them of anything, ever. Or questions their people, country, possessions etc etc. Or dares to have an opinion about them.

Let's not start this shit again...

"YOU ARE LIKE THIS WHILE I AM LIKE THAT!"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    American dealers are trying to trick the less intelligent Euro bidders into thinking they are bidding in dollars when in reality they are bidding in euros.

This way they can get $200 for their next copy of Bob James or Earl Klugh instead of the usual $14.99.

I once listed a Bob Marley LP and said I would accept payment in marijuana.

Ebay shut it down.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts

the US seller will get his loot anyway. that doesn??t depend on how strong or weak the dollar is, right? people will spend depending on the currency more or less...

I'm curious about this.... let me get this straight: even though the money you will be paying with begins it's journey between your pocket and the sellers' as a Euro, you would prefer that it transform into a US dollar through the magic of the intertubes (and to the profit of a banking institution or two) out of concern for, um.... what, the integrity of the currency?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

you mean pounds don't = $$

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    strictly sell in Amero's

That's weird, would it just be the US and Canada? Cause I can't see the fed wanting to include Mexico or any South American countries. I'd be very surprised if anything like this happened at all though.

Don't know if Mexicao, Canada and the US would want to give up their independent monetary policy. Can't see this ever happening.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Don't know if Mexicao, Canada and the US would want to give up their independent monetary policy. Can't see this ever happening.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    doesn't ebay.co.uk show the price in euros when you list an item in ebay.com in US$??

Like US$ 20 (XX EUROS)

YOU WON'T FOOL EURO DUDES

EURO DUDES KNOW THE DEAL

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

I'm curious about this.... let me get this straight: even though the money you will be paying with begins it's journey between your pocket and the sellers' as a Euro, you would prefer that it transform into a US dollar through the magic of the intertubes (and to the profit of a banking institution or two) out of concern for, um.... what, the integrity of the currency?

SERIOUS!

and Hook Up was dead on, too... as far as i can see the only objction is it somehow takes way the ability to feel as tho there is some sort of bargain going on... i regulaly buy records in pounds, euros, and canadian dollars and i could give a fuck what currency the item is in, i just know what i'll pay...