There Is A Bird Sitting On My Shoulder

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Today a bird flew into our window. We ran outside to see, and it was layin on the bulkhead dazed and confused. It had released it's bowels and we though it was dying in front of our eyes. We all watched it for about five minutes. I decided to pick it up and bring it in the house to let it die in the warmth, at least. I put in one of my Air Force boxes and closed the lid. We kept checking back to see how it was doing, and it seemed to be coming around. While we had the box open at one point it flew out of the box and landed on a ceiling lamp. I picked it up to tried to bring it outside but it wouldnt get off my hand. Now I'm sitting here with it chilling on my shoulder and it's pecking at my ear. We named it Crasher. I have pics. I just gotta get them off my phone later.So surreal.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    My avatar sure is appropriate.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Be careful. A friend of mine found a mellow squirrel
    back in the day and brought it home, tried to domesticate
    it. A week later my friend had a crazy rash all over his
    body and the squirrel dropped dead. Don't fuck with the code
    of the wild.

but wait till you see a picture of it.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Today a bird flew into our window. We ran outside to see, and it was layin on the bulkhead dazed and confused. It had released it's bowels and we though it was dying in front of our eyes. We all watched it for about five minutes.

in my version, i was six or seven years old, and the bird died. i didn't realize that my father was standing behind me while I watched it flop around and suffer. he could tell i was upset. i suddenly realized he was behind me, and he said something that has stuck with me ever since: "it's ok, mi hijo, nature has a way of getting rid of the stupid ones."

my dad is pretty awesome.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    i found an a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest once (in the city) and we decided to scoop it up and get it off the sidewalk. We ended up putting it in a box and at some point decided to put the box on the roof. I went to check on it later and it had icicles forming on it and looked like it was dying. I brought it inside and put a regular 60 watt lamp near it and in about an hour it was all perked up. We took it to the SPCA and hopefully it flew away soon after.

I don't know if I'd let a wild bird sit on me. They carry strange shit. Be careful.

I let it loose outside in a bush. It was up hanging on the ceiling lamp for an hour or so, just chilling out. Flying around evert once in a while. Hope I don't catch some bird fly or sumthin.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• Wait a second.. is he wearing sunglasses?

• Cool looking little dude, and yes, it does look like he/she is wearing sunglasses.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Hmmm...I thought this thread was about RBL Posse.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    That looks like a Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum).

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    That??s A-traks Bird

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    gangster bird.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    They carry strange shit. Be careful.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    fake finds post.
    helooks like a tree ornament

with shades