MY SEATTLE MIX

fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Ive been over in Seattle for almost two weeks..Got back in Oslo/Norway yesterday. Been through all the spots in both Seattle & Tacoma. Was at a recordshow too.I bought two crates of records. I made a mix today with the favourite tracks out of the stuff I got.Just sloppy blending, no tight mixing, but tons of good music.http://www.zshare.net/audio/95269739bad13a/ heres the link...I hope someone on the board will enjoy it.PeaceF.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Crazy son. Small world. Soulstrut army is really international. My hommie's Leland and Zack told me that they had peoples from Norway visiting. I bet that was you Fredfades. We'll have to link up next time you're in town.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    aight.. sounds cool.. stayed in zacs studio the first 5 days, slept in lelands apartment in chinatown the rest of the time. was super cool. i liked seattle alot. i visited a friend of them called rob too. he had some dope records too. im visiting portland every summer, so i will probably take the train to seattle and stay there some days this summer too.

peace

f.

• Zac was just over here at my place in DC 2 days ago! Really good dude. Great to see him up there on stage cutting it up and singing along with Del and everybody.

I sold him A LOT of records.

Mix downloading..

word.. zac has so many records in his apartment, its out of control. and he really knows each one of them very well.
    and a big part of his collection is listed by bpm. its pretty insane. he has a little cool store at his house too, with tons of good hiphop, plus a lot of good old stuff he got doubles of etc.

• I sold him A LOT of records.

funny stuff. he's a fiend.

yo fred, it's rob. stoked to be checking out the mix.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Nice mix!
    Things I haven't heard in years, things I know but don't remember, and plenty
    of things I've never heard.
    Did you buy that Lemuria off the wall at Jive Time?
    Hunk of Heaven is such a sick tune.

yes. i got a SERIOUS stack of shit from them and they gave me a SERIOUS discount. gave me t shirts and shit too. nice guys. a little high prices at their shop thou. but they had some good rock and jazz stuff in there.

Yeah overall that's the best shop in town IMO.
    The prices are on the higher side for sure, but they always have good records.

have you been to hi voltage? in tacoma.
    they had tons of great stuff too. if you like rock & jazz.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

That place is a piece of shit, dude is trying to run a bootleg Jive Time in the heart of T Town wtf? I'd rather deal with og grumpy across the street at house of records and buy the same shit at a 1/10th of the price. I actually went out to Hilltop Area over the weekend. First time digging in a couple months. Trying to get my mind right for Utrecht.

• tracklist Fred, you punk

That place is a piece of shit, dude is trying to run a bootleg Jive Time in the heart of T Town wtf? I'd rather deal with og grumpy across the street at house of records and buy the same shit at a 1/10th of the price. I actually went out to Hilltop Area over the weekend. First time digging in a couple months. Trying to get my mind right for Utrecht.

it was a little expensive, yes yes... but if youre into jazz & rock, you know they have lots of good stuff.. and dude... i found shit over at the grumpy man across the street that was twice as expensive (the same records) as on high voltage and vice versa.. both of them had some good cheap stuff and some overprized stuff. same goes for almost all sposts dude. dont get mad.

tracklist Fred, you punk

hi joe. im not home now.. i will give it to you later.. have to make one first.. will take me forever.. just had a crate next to me and recorded myself playing for an hour.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    always enjoy your mixes, thanks!

Yeah Fred the little jherri curl hobbit that runs Hi Voltage is not very popular in the record
    circles around here. I can't think of one local who really likes that store, their prices make
    Jive Time look cheap. Big thumbs down for me. Although dude does get props for a
    well organized, clean, good looking store.
    Like Jake said gimme crusty 'ol house of records over HV any day.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Trying to get my mind right for Utrecht.

Come on over

joe.. will mail you a tracklist if im making one tomorrow...
    if not.. then you can peep this pics.. most of the ones with green stickers are included in the mix. plus the space jungle luv lp.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    by the looks of those pics weve been picking up some similar records

great mix and props on that beatmix as well

thanks a lot