Tropic Thunder trailer (Ben Stiller movie)

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This could either be completely brilliant or

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I think the trailer is promising...

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    They shot a lot of the Vietnam scenes for this movie on my (windy, super rural, one lane) road. I spent a couple weeks trying not to smack into the camera carts while driving to the store.

At least all the local boys managed to steal a year's worth of construction supplies, tools, and gas from the set.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

At least all the local boys managed to steal a year's worth of construction supplies, tools, and gas from the set.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Okay here's the LATEST one...y'all gotta watch this.

I'm officialy on board with this one.

I love that its making fun of Nam movies. Listen for the part when they introduce Jackson, in the background he says "I'm from Brooklyn MotherFucker!" I feel like I've actually seen that dumb schitt in a Nam movie.

Also in the movie are Nolte, Cruise and Mcconaghy.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    I don't think anyone would have the balls to make fun of the Vietnam War, so they made fun of making movies about the Vietnam War. Here's the official site.

• I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned that Robert Downey Jr. is playing a black man.

edit: D'oh, I just watched the trailer, y'all probably already knew.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned that Robert Downey Jr. is playing a black man.

oh, it was "mentioned" alright...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned that Robert Downey Jr. is playing a black man.

oh, it was "mentioned" alright...

I recall a brief mention when news of the movie first leaked. From what I remember, everyone took the time to actually understand the premise, and there were no kneejerk reactions. Quite civil, really.