tonight on iron chef america!

flatblackplasticflatblackplastic 1,209 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
my best friend philip speer is on tonights show. the executive chef-tyson cole, the sushi chef-paul, and the pastry chef-philip speer will be representing "uchi" from austin, tx, they are goin up against Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. so it should be a pretty interesting episode if you're inclined to watch such things.im very proud of my friend because he literally worked his way up from the ground baking cookies in a bakery. his hard work and determination got him where he's at.it comes on at 10pm eastern, so 9pm central.just look for the guy with tattoos.

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I love Uchi. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to get this saved on the DVR to watch later.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I wonder what the special ingrediant is?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY!!!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY!!!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

I've heard it is going to be some sort of fish. If so, it should be a really good battle.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I've heard it is going to be some sort of fish. If so, it should be a really good battle.

Ive never seen Morimoto lose.

• 12 minutes!

• I love Uchi. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to get this saved on the DVR to watch later.

man no shit but i had the best food ive ever eaten in my whole life at uchi.
    i cant wait til i can eat there again.

Ginger was a tough ingredient to battle with. It looked like the Uchi guys didn't want it to overpower the dishes and the judges kept asking "where's the ginger?".

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Ive never seen Morimoto lose.

My wife and I ate at his place in philly the night we got engaged. We were not impressed. The place looks cool and the service was top notch. The food was just alright though. I got steak and lobster and both were over cooked. My wife had a clay pot fish thing and her fish was over done too. The best thing about the meal was the white tea I had after dinner.