WANT: Mike Nock "Magic Mansions" (Laurie)

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited March 2008 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Looking for a nice copy, will pay cash. Thnx!

Comments

• Pelase?

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    cool record. i think there are actually two pressings on this. one i think is australian and the us is laurie (I think). sorry i can't be of help, but it does pop up on ebay from time to time.

• I found it a few years ago at a Record Surplus sale for just under twenty bucks, but no longer have that copy. One of those records I regret letting go of, even though it's not super rare.

• Say Dave, do you happen to have this record ripped to mp3's? If so, it would be much appreciated if you could share them!

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    Say Dave, do you happen to have this record ripped to mp3's? If so, it would be much appreciated if you could share them!

no sorry i didn't rip that one before selling. you should ask them at surplus about a copy. i have on multiple times asked them about an item and ended up finding it later at one their sales. weird stuff too. they get in a lot of records so maybe if they look out for it they might buy it. i don't know...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    What does it sound like? Einstein got a copy at the LA fair for a good price... Fusion? Braeks? Good Music?

• What does it sound like? Einstein got a copy at the LA fair for a good price... Fusion? Braeks? Good Music?
    It was kinda fusiony, but not so much in a bad way. No breaks from what I remember, but had a couple funky tunes. The couple times I've seen it over the years, it was priced at 20 bucks. Not really an expensive record, just doesn't turn up too often.

I'm loving Al Foster's Mixed Roots LP right now (also on the Laurie label, released right after Mike Nock's LP). Usually under the radar and not really sought after, but a great album from top to bottom. I think the boring looking cover is what makes it so unsuspecting.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    What does it sound like? Einstein got a copy at the LA fair for a good price... Fusion? Braeks? Good Music?

for the hiphop heads theres a slow crawler of a fusion-funk tune called Blackout penned by charlie mariano, pretty dope.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Sounds like something I'd dig...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    a slow crawler of a fusion-funk tune

• Can I live??