Dodgeball

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I joined a coed dodgeball leauge with my co-workers and it's a blast! Any strutters have any real world dodgeball experience, other than the 3rd grade? I'm looking for stategy's, tips, tricks of the trade, etc.If anyone is looking for a little extraciricular exercise you might look in to this. There is nothing more satisfying than smoking a big dude really hard with a dodgeball!

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    BOMBARDMENT!!!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    In my 9th grade athletics class, we'd sometimes play in the gym and then we'd sometimes play in the pool. Shit was brutal. I remember one time jacking up the biggest dude on the footballl team in the face and then laughing at him. Dude got so pissed, he came after me. We squared up in the pool, started grappling, and I swear to God that big dumb fucker was about to drown my ass. Thankfully, a friend of mine...one smaller than me, but one that somehow had the number of the big dumb dude...intervened. Nothing like struggling with your head submerged underwater and frightfully realizing that you are losing to wake one up in the morning...

• In my 9th grade athletics class, we'd sometimes play in the gym and then we'd sometimes play in the pool. Shit was brutal. I remember one time jacking up the biggest dude on the footballl team in the face and then laughing at him. Dude got so pissed, he came after me. We squared up in the pool, started grappling, and I swear to God that big dumb fucker was about to drown my ass. Thankfully, a friend of mine...one smaller than me, but one that somehow had the number of the big dumb dude...intervened. Nothing like struggling with your head submerged underwater and frightfully realizing that you are losing to wake one up in the morning...

That's classic man, we played pool basketball in the 9th grade with similar near drownding results!

"you'd have to be really high to hit that one!"

"i bet you would panama red"

wait...you guys had POOLS at your schools??? shiieeeeeeeeeeeet! i wish i could have come in all high as f*ck to school to be greeted by a pool for the first class. instead it was a cart of basketballs for 90mins which was still equally fun.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    BOMBARDMENT!!!

YES!![/b] We used to play this in 2nd grade Catholic school gym class. Want to see kids go ultraviolent? Have nuns repress them all day, then throw them in a room and encourage them to throw things at each other.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Hah....this is great. Played with some kids last night and jacked my knee up hardcore.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    In my 9th grade athletics class, we'd sometimes play in the gym and then we'd sometimes play in the pool. Shit was brutal. I remember one time jacking up the biggest dude on the footballl team in the face and then laughing at him. Dude got so pissed, he came after me. We squared up in the pool, started grappling, and I swear to God that big dumb fucker was about to drown my ass. Thankfully, a friend of mine...one smaller than me, but one that somehow had the number of the big dumb dude...intervened. Nothing like struggling with your head submerged underwater and frightfully realizing that you are losing to wake one up in the morning...

am I the only one that remembers Harvey telling a nearly identical story a couple months ago about his stepping to a dude way bigger than him, almost getting killed, only to have his boy save him? only that time it was about spilling apple sauce on someone in the lunchroom?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

am I the only one that remembers Harvey telling a nearly identical story a couple months ago about his stepping to a dude way bigger than him, almost getting killed, only to have his boy save him? only that time it was about spilling apple sauce on someone in the lunchroom?

You got the story wrong. Bigger dude spilled on me, I spilled on bigger dude, we squared off, bigger dude said it was another dude's fault that he spilled on me, I then spilled on other dude, fight averted...without intervention from anyone else.

Only times I ever had to have anyone intervene to help me in many of my childhood fights was once, mentioned above, and another time when I clocked this much bigger and older dude in my driveway who couldn't seem to play basketball without slamming me into my garage door every 20 seconds. After my right hook caused blood and spit to literally explode from dude's face and he regrouped enough to start coming after me...I ran to my front porch and closed myself in behind the wrought iron door...while my friend Yale told dude to just give it up and go home. Granted, it was kinda chicken-shit on my part to run and lock myself in like that...but I was like 10 to dude's 14. I was just happy to get my shot in.

Oh yeah, maybe you're thinking of the story where Chu Chu didn't want to pay for the weed I had brought for him, Riddlore, and Aceyalone...to the point that we almost had to square off. But Ace and Ridd intervened on my behalf to keep any blows from needing to be thrown.

Or how about when I was at the 1990 state high school basketball game that my old school was in and there was this high school kid in the row in front of us who kept loudly shouting racial slurs at the other team and their pretty-much-all-black fans? At a certain point, I got fed up and shoved dude into his chair and told him to pipe down. He then started conspiring with his dozens of friends sitting in the section around us to follow me outside when the game was over. So I made sure to catch up with my 6'7" friend Mike Moten, who played ball at Rhode Island, and we simply walked out together which averted anyone even bothering to say shit to me.

I don't know, but if you have any experience fighting in real life (and as a kid, I had waaaaaaaaay too much experience doing so)...you'll quickly find that there is little shame in recruiting help in certain cases.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Damn, do they have official dodgeball leagues? Getting paid to peg a motherfucker with a ball?! YES PLEASE.

• ...hey, i want to smash dodgeballs for a living!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    BOMBARDMENT!!!

that was the best part of school.... in the 70s