The Roots - Distortion to Static faulty pressing?

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Geffen promo with the white label on the 'LP version', 3rd verse on the "people there's no equal" line, it skips into an infinite loop. I seem to remember other radio DJs at the time had the same problem, like the whole batch of promos was pressed with that flaw. Anyone else have/notice this on their copy? thanks.I think the first pressing of Mike Zoot - High Drama had this too.

Comments

• the 1st press for the LP, "do you want more" had a similar thing. there were several spots that had pops that would make it jump back into a loop.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

This is Musa Sallahuddin aka Antoine Washington... I sat next to him in two, maybe three classes a year for my whole high school life... space does not permit the stories I could tell... his is one of Malik B's friends. He is from West Oak Lane... several West Oak Lane people who I grew up with passed away doing that syrup shit... Musa is a barber, he did time for stabbing someone who used some of his barber equipment... I sat in his chair once and listened to him explain how Quest was a fat tub of shit and that Tarik was going to be hit with a new punch that he had developed... Musa is one of those people who you just dont know what he might say... just like me.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    the 1st press for the LP, "do you want more" had a similar thing. there were several spots that had pops that would make it jump back into a loop.

Handy for the grime/mashup DJs, no?

• simsim 16 Posts
    Weirdly, I played this out last night, and it did exactly what you say - skip loop, but strangely in time. So, yeah, must have been a whole run of em.

Looks like I might have to buy yet another copy!

Hi by the way.. I'm new here, and this is my first post!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    welcome to soulstrut.