McCain: "I hate the gooks."

13»

Comments

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Mad Drama Teacher. ALL religions are not basically the same as much as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are... They are basically three branches of the same tree. How people celebrate religion has very little to do with the actual theology or religion. Christians in georgia are way different from christians in oregon or say mexico. If you need me to get into all the old testament connections and the fact that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam site the same mythical characters, stories, and ideas.

Im saying the RELIGIONS were basically the same thing... not that current Muslims are like current Christians... sorry if you got confused.

Islam is like 90% the same as Christianity...

Islam is really not that comparable to Hinduism.

Islam is sort of related to Buddhism in morality and philosophy but Buddhism is very much against anything being said for certain where as Islam and Christianity push absolutes more.

Islam isn't like Taoism at all.... except that they both push for balance.

If your idea is that Islam is as connected to Christianity as any religion that imposes Morality or has a God your really incorrect.

Look man... People take religions however they want to. But they are saying the same shit... they are different interpretations of the same material.

No im not saying Muslims are like Christians. Im saying the books they read are pretty much the same. They are saying the same things... and are putting their material forward in the same ways. THEY are very connected...

Im saying that... those religions are as connected as like.... Spanish and Italian.

• Look man... People take religions however they want to. But they are saying the same shit... they are different interpretations of the same material.

No im not saying Muslims are like Christians. Im saying the books they read are pretty much the same. They are saying the same things... and are putting their material forward in the same ways. THEY are very connected...

Im saying that... those religions are as connected as like.... Spanish and Italian.

No, they're not saying the same things, so stop repeating that.

Calling Jesus the "Son of God" is blasphemy in Islam. Insinuating that Jesus did not die on the cross is blasphemy in Christianity. Those are major differences that cut to the core of the two religions.

Not to mention how much these two religions differ when it comes to reaching personal salvation.

And no, you don't need to go into the Old Testament connections: I am well aware of them. I will concede the point that where Christianity and Islam come from are roughly the same, but when it comes to Jesus -- you know, the reason for Christianity -- the two completely split. Will you concede that point?

Yea totally. Im not trying to fight with anyone... you just were trying to laugh at me or something for a statement I made that made sense.

I guess Im really just trying to say that the core theology is very very close. I mean... I couldn't even argue what Christianity is because so much has been changed, added, or dropped.

"Calling Jesus the "Son of God" is blasphemy in Islam. Insinuating that Jesus did not die on the cross is blasphemy in Christianity. Those are major differences that cut to the core of the two religions."

If thats it though... i rest my case.

We can let this one die though cause I get what your saying and I think you got what I was saying. I guess we just have different views on what is important in defining a religion. I am more for what it demands of its followers and its creation myths and its "technical specs".

Ultimately... Most Christians have Christianity wayyyy twisted... and so do most Muslims.