kraftwerk live?

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
i just learned today that kraftwerk is coming to the twins. anyone seen them live before? this sounds promising and at $38, fairly inexpensive for the venue they're playing.

Comments

• good times for sure.

robots...they play with robots!!!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i've seen them live in 1970. one of their first concerts. very trippy. good times. don't know what they are doing these days though...

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Saw them in Iceland a few years ago and they were awesome. One of the better concerts I've seen.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    u better go.

• good times for sure.

Climate best by govt test?

Diane- Are you in deadwood shitty, i mean RWC?

Oh, and I would definitely go check out Kraftwerk.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    good times for sure.

well, heck, i love robots... i would be losing money by not spinning that night but this might be worth it...

• Climate best by govt test?

yes, sir. you?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    They are on my short list of concerts I must see before I die.

You must go.

If you need convincing listen to this collection of live recordings...
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm assuming at this point it'd just Rolf & Florian standing motionless in front of a couple of laptops. Sounds like a hoot.

• they don't move around much, but it's still a very engaging show.

this was at the warfield a few years back:

Tron moves. YES!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm assuming at this point it'd just Rolf & Florian standing motionless in front of a couple of laptops. Sounds like a hoot.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. But that's all they ever did. I heard the light show is bananas.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    yeah i would see them for sure, their show will be entertaining despite being old dudes.

me on the other hand, i am debating whether or not to see Cluster live which could turn out to be very boring

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Easily one of the best shows I have EVER seen. Do not miss it. It will give you a whole new appreciation for their music.

i am debating whether or not to see Cluster live which could turn out to be very boring

Oooh, is this happening soon? Yeah, I could see it going either way... really cool or really lame.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i am debating whether or not to see Cluster live which could turn out to be very boring

Oooh, is this happening soon?

nah it's happening on may 25 at the great american music hall

http://www.musichallsf.com/artist_pages/cluster_052508.htm

• Climate best by govt test?

yes, sir. you?

No, but close. In San Mateo.

I believe we spoke briefly at the Darondo show, do you have a radio show and are friends w/ jinx, young moist, p-ro, etc ?

Anyways, Howdy.

• Saw them here in DC a couple of years ago and it was great. Quite possibly the best sound I've ever heard at a show, but that could be because the 9:30 Club's sound system is a motherfu*ker.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    this was an experience. 4 dudes standing (not dancing, barely moving) on stage with big black laptops and a supersized video screen. the people watching was excellent and the sound was also great. the company was great too, but the overall show was kind of boring. still an experience i'm glad i can put on my list of good shows i've seen.