Black Out Day?

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I was wondering if anyone was planning on celebrating this. My uncle told me about it a couple weeks ago and it entailed shutting off your electricity for an hour or two in the evening at a set time to help conserve what would potentially be a large amount of electricity equaling monetary millions.He was kind of shook that I hadn't heard about it. Is it a strictly Canadian thing? Anyone throwing a "Black Out" party?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Earth Hour - Sat March 29 - from 8 to 9. It's not just Canadian, but it is only a few countries. We're doing it at work here and we're the lead office on it, but I haven't read all the stuff on it yet.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Sat March 29 - from 8 to 9.

A.M. or P.M.?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Disregard that.

PM and edit that, not countires, cities.

Here

• I am in a band which is playing a show at a decent-sized theater at 8pm on March 29. Damn if I am going to cut the juice to my amp or my guitar will be drowned out by the trombone and drums (selfish)*. Also I feel if the theater were submerged into total darkness that the crowd might panic and people would get hurt.

If I were going to be at home at this time I would totally go dark but woulda shoulda coulda you know.

*Buddy Rich:

"You afraid you won't be heard? Everybody can hear your fuckin' clams out there. You don't need a mike for that. You're takin' up too much fuckin' time blowin' what? Shit!! You stand out here all night tryin' to blow your fuckin' brains out; when it comes time to play, what do you play? Clams!!"

we're having a new year's party that night (we celebrate for 13 days) and it should get interesting - lol. I think the kids will get a huge kick out of it and some drunks might trip over things...like kids.

I know it's asking too much, but I wish the whole city was getting the plug pulled (not hospitals, etc.)...the city was so amazing when we had that black-out a few summers ago. It's only for one hour!