Dikembe Mutumbo

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts

• I cannot hate the guy: We share the same birthday.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    OH SHIT!

BUMP.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I guess I'll post it here as well...this graemlin:
    needs to be Dikembe instead of a cat.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    ^^^ soooooooo true ^^^

SWAT CITY!!!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I've met Dikembe twice.
    The first time was at an African party here in DC back in 1988 or 89. There were a bunch on Nigerian guys there who were all about 5'6" or 5'7" and then Mutombo shows up and the Nigerians are all cracking jokes like "how's the air up there?" Luckily (for them) he's got a pretty good sense of humor.
    Second time I met him was in the Atlanta airport when he was with the Hawks. We were both waiting for luggage at the same carousel. I remember shaking his hand and being in awe. Talked to him for 5-10 minutes. Nice guy.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    please to respect my team

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    there are legendary stories of him walking ito parties at georgetown bellowing, "WHO WILL SEX MUTOMBO TONIGHT???????????"

dontknow if its true

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "It's called Pasta Pasta...it's named after Pasta"

Never read or heard anything but good surrounding the dude and he is a big reason the Rockets are kicking butt.....wish the Mavs had scooped him up.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    That pasta quote is really doing it for me.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Shot-blocking does come at a price....

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Who wants to sex Mutumbo?!?

• Who wants to sex Mutumbo?!?

I heard it told as, 'Who wants to Suck Dik-embe.'

Get it? He's clever.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dude is part of two historical NBA records. That Denver 8th seed to knock out the 1 seed, and this Houston win streak team.

He sounds like Cookie Monster though.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Who wants to sex Mutumbo?!?

I heard the story about him walking into a party and bellowing this for the benefit of all the females present. This was when I lived in Virginia and it was a "friend of a friend was at this party" kind of story. Urban legend related?

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    I guess I'll post it here as well...this graemlin:
    needs to be Dikembe instead of a cat.

thats my cats name, and hes gray too, lol when we first got him he'd only come out at night and snoop around everyones shit, he's really long already but the shadows on the wall made him look friggin 7 feet tall, and then he dropped the bombs in the litterbox and became known as the 'stinky one', eternally.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I once ran into him at the Denver airport as a kid. He was cool as shit and we chopped it up for a minute. Those dudes where dead on in there impersonations. On a side note Rick Adelmen is a slept on coach.