Soulstrut valued at $60,914

13»

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    Do people still buy domain names?

Yup. We look after a few for my client, and have been getting these unsolicited "Gems" recently:

"Recently, [name removed out of respect for client].com expired and we acquired it in a domain name auction. Since you own the .co.uk version of this domain name we wanted to provide you with the opportunity to own the 'global commerce' .com version.

Our company specializes in recovering preferred expiring domains and either selling them to individuals such as yourself or building out our own web presence on those valuable domains.

[name removed out of respect for client].com is a good domain name and, the truth is, the 'Dot Com' version is ideal for your global internet presence.

'Dot Com' is the ideal domain extension in today's global economy.
    While .co.uk is ideal for your home country, if you work with clients or vendors globally or plan to in the future, securing the .com version of your domain name is a wise decision.

If you'd like to own [name removed out of respect for client].com, you can buy it now by covering our acquisition costs and a modest profit.

If you have any interest I encourage you to act quickly because this domain name will only be offered for sale for a limited time.

Click Here For Pricing On [name removed out of respect for client].com https://secure.securethatdomain.com/buyint.php?[name removed out of respect for client].com

Please advise,
    Ken ******
    ******, Inc"

It was a very specific and unimportant domain. "The Truth Is..." is my favourite bit.