*TONIGHT* MR. FINE WINE ANNIVERSARY PARTY, NYC

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited March 2008 in Announcements
*TONIGHT* MR. FINE WINE ANNIVERSARY PARTY, NYCMr. Fine Wine says: Through some combination of perseverance, luck,masochism, inertia, and the kind indulgence of my employers, I've beenDJ'ing at Botanica on Wednesday nights for 12 years now! Remember what adifferent world it was 12 years ago? A marginally less malevolent-seemingRudy Giuliani in his peak comb-over years, smoking allowed in bars, G.W.Bush allowed to f--- only a single southern state and not an entireworld...how times have changed!LET'S RAISE A GLASS OR FIVE TO THE SO-SO OLD DAYSMR. FINE WINE AT BOTANICA 12-YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTYWEDNESDAY, MARCH 19BOTANICA47 EAST HOUSTON STREET, BETWEEN MOTT AND MULBERRYMANHATTAN10 TILL CLOSEFREEIF YA GOT RECORDS, BRING 'EM TO SPIN!Some of the faces to grace a Botanica Wednesday in the past 12 years:Yo La TengoCut ChemistJon SpencerEddie VedderRuss TitelmanNelson Georgethe Dirtbombsseveral Detroit Cobrassome Gore Gore Girlsnumerous Dap Kings and Budos Band membersKeb DargeMark "Butch" DobsonIan WrightTim BrownGuy Henniganand a lot of you reading this!THANKS FOR A GREAT 12 YEARS! AND THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT BAR STAFF I'VEBEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO WORK WITH: SMALL CHANGE, SANDY, KELLY, MISSY, MARK,SUSAN, JAY, KAREN, GREG, DAVE, DANE, JESS, FIORI...HOPE I'M NOT FORGETTINGANYONE...LOOKING FORWARD TO, WELL, YEAH, I'LL ADMIT IT: 12 MORE YEARS!